• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Belt Swap V for S

Spin

Anyone heard of a belt swap from V Belt to Serpintine belt? I caught a glimpse of a thread somewhere and figured I would ask. Would it be hard to do on a HMMWV?

Spin

No its not,I seen it done when we installed reddot A\C while in Iraq. It takes a few parts that will add in cost if your going to pay for it. We did it because the kits came with all the pulley's and of course the genterators with brackets. That alone is expensive and the front end assembly will need to come off to get to everything. Why fix something that ant broke.

Army Ed

ya usually a Serp is only used on Hummvee with allot of radio stuff so it has the 200 amp.I have only seen a few come through the shop

Army Ed

there are numerous gen's available 60amp,100amp,200amp.All depends on what the vehicle has foe asecories.radio's,ambulance ect

jwaller

there is no reason to do it. it's a nice setup but you will prob spend over 1k to do it. and like others have siad don't mess with what works.

eddiec

Another thing you have to check is the water pump, changing to serpentine will also change direction the pump turns on almost all settups that I have. Which means you will have to get a 6.5 pump, and then you can either buy the new backing plate, the plate the water pump bolts to, or weld up one hole used buythe old pump and drill another. It is not a hard swap, just time consuming.