• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

belts for my m1009

burbn10

Gates products are top-notch. I use them on the air handlers at work and they seem to hold up the best by far. When we tried Goodyear belts we were changing them all the time. I've used Gatorback belts too in the past on my Suburban and that serpentine belt probably has 80K miles on it and still is in great shape. Both are good, but I prefer Gates.

kenny

anybody??
I have a 1985 M1008
The 2 eight year old Gatorback alternator belts that I replaced with Gates were (49 -5/8") had 15491 and 11AV1230 on it. and the other (58-1/8") had 15581 and 11AV1460 on it.

the Gates numbers are 7490 and 7575 if you want them also

Hope that helps

Wolf.Dose

Price differences are based on the belt quality. Standard belts are a little cheeper but do their job fine. If you want longer life ( 80000 miles plus) you by the equall lenght quality which you need for example for generators with 2 or three belts to drive them.
These belts live longer but are more expensive. Here in Europe a belt set for a CUCV is about 40 Euro, which I think is a fair price. Gates have been found out to be the best ones with regard to lifetime.
Wolf

Boilermonkey

I replaced the belts on my 1009 yesterday. I had a local independent parts store cross the Gates numbers to Goodyear Gatorback numbers.

15456 - Power Steering
15581 - Left (Drivers) Alternator
15491 - Passenger Alternator

All belts fit correctly. Adjustments are mid-range or a little less with 1/8" belt deflection. Because the power steering pulleys are smaller, it is easier to get the PS belt installed if you remove the fan/clutch assembly and the water pump pulley. Put the belt on the crankshaft and the PS pump; Then on the WP pulley and slide the WP pulley back on the shaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks