• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Benton AR to Pearce Az

fred368

hello all im going out to AR on sat of this week to pick up my duce that TJ was good enough to rescue from the road and keep for me, Im planing on leaving sat night sun morning to head back home I will be traviling I 30 to I 35 to I 20 to I 10 if anyone along the way could let a number on here in case of any problems it sure would be great since im kinda posting this so late I may have to call TJ to see if anyones left a number and maybe he can keep you all informed as to where we are on our trip if he dont mind,,,,,Fred

ARYankee

Well they are off. They left last night some time around 8:30 pm or so. I haven't heard anything yet but I will keep everyone posted in case they need help.

ARYankee

Hey fuzzy.... they probably won't get your PM because they are on the road at present heading back home from my house. I plan on getting an update once I get out of work and I will post afterwards.

ARYankee

I have an update!!!! Fred is in the Dallas area. They are doing ok. He does have a little issue. To me it sounds like his generator isn't charging the batteries. He said he had to jump it off and his gauge is going into the yellow when its running. He said he had this same issue in TN before he got stuck here. He went to a generator shop and they hooked him up with what looks like a new regulator that mounts on the back. If anyone may have some insight, it would be appreciated. I can relay the info to Fred the next time I talk to him. Just be on alert fellow Texas members. He said he was going to push on and that he would call me if he needs help so I can relay it here.

ARYankee

I just spoke with Fred and he seems to be having some issues again. Murphy must be hanging out with him. He has a fuel leak and he thinks he can get it fixed. They are at a truck stop just outside Big Springs Texas. Looks like he may need some contacts along his way back to Arizona. Is there any one that can help if needed along the way. At the moment we need some contacts in TX.

phreatdawg

He called me today and wouldn't you know it, he got me just as I was leaving for work (I work nights). I was really sorry that I couldn't come help, but I understand they are up and running again. I'll check on them again in the morning. This durn working thing is for the birds, it keeps getting in the way of the important stuff I want to do.

ARYankee

That's ok. He had said he got it repaired. He didn't call me back so I figured he was able to get going again. I'll get in touch with him later today.

ARYankee

I just heard from them and unfortunately they are down..... the truck won't start. They are just outside Las Cruces New Mexico. Any one in New Mexico that can help if needed?

ARYankee

I have no status to report right now. Hopefully they got some help because most of their belongings were loaded in the 109 for the move to Arizona. I called and left a message. I'll report back when I hear something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks