• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Berg Tires

Pappa-G

I bought a set from them but they sent the incorrect tire. I was so happy that they worked out a solution that worked for both of us. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. [thumbzup]

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tires have date codes. Can you tell how old the tires are that you have purchased from Berg? It would be nice to find some fairly new ones at a discount.

Thanks,
Bjorn

h1crwchf

dates

cranetruck said:
The tires have date codes. Can you tell how old the tires are that you have purchased from Berg? It would be nice to find some fairly new ones at a discount.

Thanks,
Bjorn
I have looked and there are no "dates" jumping out at me. Is the date coded? I have ruled out 900X20 but there are plenty of other numbers. I will grab a bunch of numbers tomorrow and see if you can tell?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for the "DOT code", it will only be on one side of the tire and look something like this: DY2F F2A 146
The last three numbers is the date code, in this case the 14th week of 1986. It could be 1996, but not possible in this case because the tire was on my truck in 1995. For dates with 4 numbers (say 1402), the last two digits indicate the year 2002.
With the 3 digit code you can't tell the decade.

Bjorn

CGarbee

I have a page on my website that discusses tire codes and has a list of all of the plant ID's assigned by the USDOT... That way, you can tell exactly where your tire was made...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks