• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Berg tires

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

One of my buddies got a set of tires from Berg. They arrived this week, he's a happy guy, He did specify that he wanted all matching tires, they did a great job of matching the set.

Thumbs up for Berg!

red devils dude

I sorry to say it but I just had a bad go with berg instead of 7 michelin xl's I got I pile of firestone on-highway Radials and
they refused to replace them with the correct one now I'm out shipping to me and back to them.

fredrader

I bought 12 9.00 x 20 NDT's he said were $20 each for 75%+ tread and $120 shipping..I received mostly 90% and a few 100% tread...Wound up costing $30ea shipped to my door..Great deal and very good guy to deal with..I am getting ready to buy 10 more...

ida34

Fredrader,
Just to get it straight in my mind you got 10 good tires for $300 total including shipping?

Thanks
Chuck

outlaw

I called them for 10 9x20 ndt
told me 720.00 not new used
shipped to marion indiana
Fredreder did you talk to Tonya ?

fredrader

I talked to some lady and then I asked about a deal so she had me talk to some guy that was out in the yard..He called me back and hooked me up..He said he could discount my shipping by putting them on 2 skids and wrapping them in plastic and writing SCRAP on them and shipping them truck freight..I told him write whatever he wanted to on them...

red devils dude

ok here's how it went, I asked for michelin XL's thats all I was interested in so she(Tonya) said she check
on hold for a few min's she come back on say's they have them there $45EA so I ask for a shipping quote
she says she'll call me back well she doesnt before I have to leave for work so I call her the next day at about the same time
shipping quote is $200ish ok it's friday and I just got a call about my engine so I say I'll call her on monday she say ok,
so on monday I call and she cant find the shipping quote she needs to get a new one so fine I say I'll call back tomorrow
I call her back and this is the thing I always say I'm the guy ordering the michelin XL's from chittenango wich she remembers for some reason ok she has the quote it's $236.88 and then she double checks the inventory she say the have 4 of "what I want" and 3 with a
slightly different Tread I say ok I'll send the check and hang up next day I call because I want to know what tread the other 3 have
tonya is not there the person I talk say's they will email me a pic of the tires this is thursday I mail the check friday they have it saturday, I never get the email but I'm work a lot because my boss in out of town he got back 4 days ago today the truck driver call
say he's geting off the highway so I got 10mins I throw on my boots and make room in the shed for the tires and go in the house
a few mins later the truck pull's up and I go out the driver opens the door and there's a skid of tires but there like Trailer tires
I ask if theres another skid of tires he say's no that's the one I say there the wrong one's what can I do he's a relly nice guy
say's just refuse the delivery and wright wrong item on the invoice sign here ok off he go's I go in and call berg and talk to tonya
she say's I falled to say what tread I wanted and that all I said is that I wanted 11.00r20's so I say I have to get to school
call me when the tires get to them, after thinking about it, light bulb they never sent a bill or invoice or anything the trucker's one just
said one pallet 840lbs 7'6" tall ship to blah blah blah so now what do I do my dad say's if they wont eat some of the shipping cost
I should take them to small claims court, and that's the other thing thay want me to pay for the shipping back to them and then I can reorder if I want

rdixiemiller

I would call and talk to Chip? Chris? can't remember the young man's name. He was the one I dealt with. Be polite, state what happened, ask if he can straighten things out. If you requested Michelin XL's, and he shipped Firestones, he should take care of things. Did you write on your check "for Michelin XL tires"? That goes a long way towards straightening things out. I would also type up a letter to enclose with an order.
Sorry you are having trouble, my dealings with him were good.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jed, that stinks, I hope you can work something out.

In the interest of making sure this doesn't happen again, let me make the following observations/ comments.

The subject of Berg tires has come up many times here. If you don't believe me, just do a search on "Berg". There have been at least 20 threads dating back to 05MAR22. rdixiemiller was one of the first to check 'em out.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....ght=berg&sid=00859ff0d88deeda8a80ff984eb351e6

Please correct me, someone, if I am wrong, but from my understanding, Berg didn't start out as a tire seller. They won a govt. contract to "dispose"of tires. I have been there, and have spoken with Chip Berg, obvioulsy one of the owners. IIRC, he said that the tires were taken off trucks that were deployed overseas. I'm not sure if he meant before they were deployed, or after they returned. - guess I shoulda' asked :roll:

Anyway, he found out that there were guys like us that could use the tires, and he started to sell them. God bless the heart of America- the capitalistic entrepreneur.
I think along the way the price has fluctuated as he was trying to determine what the value was.

I, like many others here, was very satisfied with Berg. I dealt directly with Chip Berg, and I would recommend everyone to ask to speak directly to him. I bought two 11.00 x 20 NDTs while I was traveling thru North Carolina on vacation. Chip met me at his warehouse - he drove 45 minutes from home to meet me on a Saturday morning. IMO - a super nice guy.

The moral of the story is you have to be very specific when buying over the phone. They are not life-long tire experts. Ask for pictures and full descriptions - don't expect them to know what you are talking about. We all know that the jargon gets mixed up sometimes.

One last thing, Chip told me that the inventory is constantly changing. If he doesn't have the size/ type you want in stock, they may have it in a month or two. Likewise, if he has what you want in the warehouse today, he can't guarantee that it will be there next month.

Hope this helps. Good luck Jed, I’m not sure where the mix-up occurred, but I hope you can get some resolution.

red devils dude

I'm hoping to have a chance to speck to mr berg and try to make a deal where we split the shipping or something,
and on another note they never sent any kind of invoice or item list or anything made of paper for that matter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks