• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best 24 volt battery charger?

joesco

I just picked up the NOCO G7200 12/24v smart charger. It would be nice to charge my batteries via the outside slave adapter using the charger's 24v smart option. Has anyone wired up a slave plug for this purpose? Thanks

TM9

I have 4 batteries in my M931A2. It seems every time I need to use the truck the batteries are dead. Once I pull out all four and charge at 30 amps for 60 minutes each I am good to go. What a pain in the neck this is. Reading above, I also thought that maybe someone has come up with a solution of using a single pin slave cable end and the appropriate wire and hooked it up the a 24 volt charger to ease this situation. A plug and play approach. It would be the fastest way to get a charge and the truck running. Admitting I only use the truck once every two months or so. Any ideas? Thanks

TM9

24v charging

I have 4 batteries in my M931A2. It seems every time I need to use the truck the batteries are dead. Once I pull out all four and charge at 30 amps for 60 minutes each I am good to go. What a pain in the neck this is. Reading above, I also thought that maybe someone has come up with a solution of using a single pin slave cable end and the appropriate wire and hooked it up the a 24 volt charger to ease this situation. A plug and play approach. It would be the fastest way to get a charge and the truck running. Admitting I only use the truck once every two months or so. Any ideas? Thanks

Plugugly

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...al-24-VDC-Battery-Maintaining-Station-Project

pmramsey

This is what you need. It is the military's solution to your issue. Charger/maintainer and de-sulfates. Military pays $1300 each for these. The panel looks like the attachment.

It has 4-12-volt circuits and 8-24-volt circuits. You may already have this panel installed on your 900 series trucks. Lift the seat cover to your battery compartment. They are mounted in the first space closest to the passenger door in the battery box. pm me and I can tell you where to find them including all the hardware, wiring, and high end solar panel new in the box and cheap...real cheap.Panel Box.jpg

I have a wicked smart G7200 model listed below and ive tried to charge the batteries in a 24v configuration and it wont do it.. I always have to take off the jumper cable and charge them 12 volts each one than the other, it must somehow sense that its not a 24 v battery in one package..ETA: I also use a single tail light bulb in series with one of the leads to avoid overcharging when using any type of charger.http://www.geniuschargers.com/G7200
Also keep in mind, this will do 12vdc or 24dc, so you can charge batteries individually or all together. They sell extra pigtails, so you can easily plug the charger into different vehicles. SIGN UP FOR THE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION, then wait for the 50% off sale. Since November, I've seen the email 2x. I like that the chargers recognize cold temps and the charger goes into a "cold" mode. For me in North Dakota, this is important.

Last edited:

Plugugly

I have a wicked smart G7200 model listed below and ive tried to charge the batteries in a 24v configuration and it wont do it.. I always have to take off the jumper cable and charge them 12 volts each one than the other, it must somehow sense that its not a 24 v battery in one package..

http://www.geniuschargers.com/G7200
That's the same charger I have and mentioned in the thread I posted above. It charges all four of my batteries fine in 24v through the slave plug.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the same charger I have and mentioned in the thread I posted above. It charges all four of my batteries fine in 24v through the slave plug.
Same. I've had it charge mine from dead flat (left switch on) to working in about 48 hours. (Which considering a 3.6A charge rate for 24V didn't seem half bad.) Now if I'd known the discount on the Noco G4 that amazon has, I would have been tempted to buy it and hardwire to each battery.

I just leave it plugged in at this point, draw is negligible.

Plugugly

I leave my charger plugged into the cord I have run to a timer that runs from 0400 to 0700 every day. If I'm going to drive my truck and it's below freezing, I unplug the battery charger from the cord and plug in my block heater.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had to send my NOCO Genius 7200 in for warranty work. It was constantly overheating. It's still under the 24 month portion of the warranty (sliding warranty up to 60 month but prorated after 24) so no charge for them to fix, if they can. We'll see how long the turn around is and whether the warranty is worth it. It cost 15% of the cost to mail it back to them so hope I don't regret that portion.

joesco

I called NOCO regarding excessive heat on my 7200 and they said it was normal! It's a great charger and I've used it to bring completely cooked batteries back to life using distilled water and the 7200!

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called NOCO regarding excessive heat on my 7200 and they said it was normal! It's a great charger and I've used it to bring completely cooked batteries back to life using distilled water and the 7200!
Did yours just get hot or did it stop working? Mine would completely shut down after just a few minutes and I'd have to unplug it, leave it for a couple of hours, try again and have it do the same thing. It can't bring anything back if it won't stay on. I've used it quite a bit the last 8 months and it was fine and then started doing this so I'm guessing there's something not right at this point.

KaiserM109

I have noticed that my 7200 gets pretty hot, so I place it where it has a lot of air around it and not in the sun; no problems.

... I've used it to bring completely cooked batteries back to life using distilled water and the 7200!
Please elaborate on how you use the distilled water. I have 2 dead, dead batteries, one is 9 years old and one is 6 years old. Both have fluid over the top of the plates. Do you drain off fluid and replace it?

therooster2001

I just had to send my NOCO Genius 7200 in for warranty work. It was constantly overheating. It's still under the 24 month portion of the warranty (sliding warranty up to 60 month but prorated after 24) so no charge for them to fix, if they can. We'll see how long the turn around is and whether the warranty is worth it. It cost 15% of the cost to mail it back to them so hope I don't regret that portion.
Had an issue with the NOCO seeing a wrong voltage on a well maintained battery, had to ship it back, they sent a new one with new firmware, plus all the pigtails. Stand up company, don't worry...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks