• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best adhesive or adhering agent for weather stripping and door seals?

lindsey97

5tonseal 005.jpg5tonseal 004.jpg5tonseal 003.jpg5tonseal 002.jpg5tonseal 001.jpg

I'm having a similar problem, but I suspect it may be due to missing parts. My truck is a 1990 AM General with a soft top. The screw heads are located behind the rubber weatherstripping, and it gets "peeled out" when rubbing against it when getting in the truck or opening and closing the door.

Our volunteer fire department received a 1984 AM General M923A0 recently and I was asked to help repair it. It has a hardtop. Upon looking at the truck, I noticed it has small thin strips of metal with screw thru the metal holding the window weatherstipping down. Looks like factory parts and fits very well. Not one hint of trouble compared to my truck.
Can someone help me figure out where to get these metal strips and what the proper name of the part would be? I would appreciate it if others will chime in and state if their personal trucks have these or not.

Pics of my truck without the metal strips. I will post pics of the fire department truck later.

acme66

What I did with mine was remove the two screws at the bottom and top of the metal strip behind the weather stripping and then put them back screwing through the weather strip rubber. Two years later and what I thought would be a stop gap (get it?) measure is still holding strong. I got tired of the bottom of the strip coming loose every time I closed the door. I have experienced no interference, rubbing or leaking issues.

Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks