• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

best battery

allrevup

In June 2004 I purchase 2 Walmart yellow EverStart Maxx-1N batteries=1000 cranking amps @32*f. 950cca, not sure about reserve(?) for $68.67, I had then check in Dec. 2008. Glad to say they check 100% OK. Remenber to rotate the batteries front to back, every other oil change 2500-3000 miles or once a year. I installed a 24v. Solargizer so I guess that has contributed so far to good longevity.

hobie237

It might be relevant since we don't know what the vehicle manufacturer called for in CCA's for the Deuce? GM specified at least 550 CCA's for the Blazer, so that is what I based my comparison on.

The fact that the Guberment put 6TL's in the CUCV's might or might not have to do with what the vehicles really needed. It probably had to do with the fact that the 6TL's are almost universal to what the Military specified/put in almost everything for a while.

Again, my 2cents

Pretty much. The military loves standardization, rightfully so. CUCVs didn't need 24v systems, either, it had to do with standardization. So maybe it's relevant whether we're talking about a CUCV or a Deuce, maybe it's not, but I think it's worth reminding people who stumble upon the thread via the "New Posts" page what we're talking about.