• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Mirror Config

What is the best hmmwv mirror configuration for visibility? I’ve operated many vehicles and always use mirrors for backing up and road awareness. Especially backing a trailer, mirrors never lie.

I have OEM mirrors with x doors and the mirror visibility when looking through the passenger x door window is not great. It could be my specific setup causing issues. If you have well working passenger mirrors please share pictures!

There has been mention of looking through the right side of the passenger windshield but I have not tried it yet.

Of course cameras are another option but I want to get the driver and passenger mirrors working.

What is the best mirror configuration for hmmwv visibility?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Totally subjective to your height and seat position. Mog is correct, but this is like asking what tie people prefer with a grey pinstripe suit.

canadacountry

i don't even know what to say about a hmmwv even less your own personal preferences, but even then i have to say that having a passengerside fender mirror sometimes seem ideal as that lets you see whats just coming up your right side without having to lose as much forward focus anytime in the first place .. compared to if you do have to quickly turn your head far right just to see the normal door-located rightside mirror otherwise

Awol

I have mine setup so I look at the mirror through the door window on the driver side, and through the windshield on the passenger side.

I've found that trying to look at the pass mirror through the door window is tough, plus it sticks way out.

Thanks for the replies. Got it setup the OEM way with right mirror viewed through the windshield.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks