• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

best multi fuel engine

Flyingvan911

The LDS multifuel has more power than the LDT. Either turbo is good. Some (like me) love the sound of the C turbo. Search for the thread about the real differences between the LDS and LDT. (There aren't many. Mostly more fuel squirted in to the cylinders.)

Edit: As a practical example, in our convoys to and from Oklahoma there are several hills. While my friends and their LDT's can't help but slow down I am only at about 3/4 throttle and have to back off more to keep proper following distance. LDT=about 135 hp, LDS=about 185hp.

Last edited:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are referring to the different manufactures of the motor they are all the same, don't worry about who made it. If you can find an LDS get it! But other than that it's pretty much a personal preference of what turbo sound you like.

I just noticed you aren't too far away-Welcome to the site!

zachd2305

yeah, blaine isnt to far. i know the area well, my uncle has a place right off 65 by the harley shop. so, the LDS is a good one to grab, now i just need to find one at a good price.

zachd2305

It hasn't been mentioned, but you want an lds-465, not an lds-427.
Thanks Doc, i didnt mention it but i had pretty much ruled out the 427 from the reading available elsewhere, but there isnt as much useful info out there about how well each one really works. so i figured here was a good place to start.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A LDS-465 is nice but they are kind of rare to find in a deuce. A LDT-465 is a good engine also and can be turned up to close, if not the same, hp as the LDS.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you find a LDS powered truck, of course jump on it but don't be too disappointed if you have to settle for a LDT. Another thing to consider is that most sellers of a LDS truck think the engine is made of gold. I'd give a few dollars more for a LDS truck but not much.

zachd2305

A LDS-465 is nice but they are kind of rare to find in a deuce. A LDT-465 is a good engine also and can be turned up to close, if not the same, hp as the LDS.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you find a LDS powered truck, of course jump on it but don't be too disappointed if you have to settle for a LDT. Another thing to consider is that most sellers of a LDS truck think the engine is made of gold. I'd give a few dollars more for a LDS truck but not much.
so far none of the ads i have seen locally have said anything other than 465 so i am trying to get questions asnwered.

i appreciate all the input.. the post is only an hour old :)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What is the torque rating for each of the engines........I have looked but haven't been able to find it.
LDS 427-2
427 ci,140hp and 350ft/lbs tq

LD 465-1
478 ci,125 hp and 305 ft/lbs tq

LDT 465-1C/1D
478 ci,130hp and 330 ft/lbs tq

LDS 465-1A
478ci,175hp and425 ft/lbs tq

LDS 465-2
478ci,195hp and 425 ft/lbs tq

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc