• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best pintle adaptor rise for Dodge ram SRW 3500?

Falstaff

The bottom of my 2" receiver is at about 22.5", the M1101 spec is 29.5" to center of lunette when trailer is level right? So, how high do i need to go to get trailer level factoring in tongue weight drop? I see 5" 7" and 12-13" versions, any chance someone with same truck already figured this out? (2006 4x4 3500 SRW)

86m1028

Is that the ONLY trailer you will pull with it ?

I got the 12-13" version to cover different trailers & different heights.

Falstaff

Well the answer is, to get hitch to 29.5" on a stock dodge srw 3500 4wd with h2 wheels and bfg 315at's requires the 12" riser adaptor with pintle at highest position. This surprised me. Once i get smaller wheels on the trailer perhaps i will get an aftermarket rear bumper to eliminate the need for the unsafe looking 12"hitch riser...

Iron Bender

Well the answer is, to get hitch to 29.5" on a stock dodge srw 3500 4wd with h2 wheels and bfg 315at's requires the 12" riser adaptor with pintle at highest position. This surprised me.
That surprises me, too. A 5" riser on my '97 Dodge 2500 with 315/75R16s got me to a little over 27":

Once i get smaller wheels on the trailer perhaps i will get an aftermarket rear bumper to eliminate the need for the unsafe looking 12"hitch riser...
LOL. Now you went and did it!

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a pic on my old computer (that took a dump) of what I did on my Dodge 2500.

Basically what I did is got a receiver tube from tractor supply, welded some brackets on it, and mounted it to the top of the bumper (using existing bumper holes). Only down side is in somewhat obscures the lic plate when mounted but I usually unbolt it when not pulling a trailer, I have been lazy and left it on for awhile and I haven't been stopped.

With this setup a M101 is about right and a M105 is still running slightly downhill.