• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best place for lmtv fuses?

Longrange08

Will that work as a permanent solution or is it more of a bandaid to get me by. If its just as good ill just go that route. If the oem parts are better id like to source some for now and future use. My spidey senses tell me parts for these are only gunna go up. And thank you superman for your help. I will also be sending you picks of my mounting area for a new airdryer this week. As discussed in a pm. Ty

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are missing a ton of relays as well. Make sure you get the part numbers right, they are listed on the pdp cover. There are some of those breakers (not fuses) on ebay at the moment, again, get the correct amp rating for where it goes.

Longrange08

Yes. Missing a ton. Figured they were scavenged. Hoping one of them runs the 4wd to the front axle as its not under power. Still reading the tm. I know i have a TON of self educating to do in the future. Starting to wish id have gone to diesel mech school instead of gunsmithing school... But at least if it pissed me off to bad i can blow it sky high��

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To work on FMTVs you have to be an electrical/electronics tech. To fix the Cat, you have to own high dollar special tools.

Longrange08

I have a couple customers who are heavy equipment mechs. Im sure ill be leaning on them heavily. We will see. Hoping im smart enough to figure the simple stuff out. And more importantly smart enough to know when to hire a pro... A concept i preach to my customers regularly

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gee, to work on my Cummins I need a socket set and pry bar.

:)

Unless I want to remove a sleeve.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you know of a good Cat mechanic let me know, my Brother could use one on his off-road dump.

Longrange08

Yes. I do. There is one right around the corner from us. I know alot of people where we live. Basically anyone who owns a gun will be coming and seeing me at some point. Lol. Which are the kind of people i wanna know. I will be swinging down to your place this week on the truck to say a proper hello. And ill take you up to my buddie. He owns a excavating company with several dumps he works on himself

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you can put reg fuse in the ones that are there are able to be reset only difference.
When you do your relays be very careful to put 12 volt ones where they go and 24 volt ones where they go. Some of the relays have 5 blades some have 4 be sure you pay close attention to that as well.

coachgeo

Yes you can put reg fuse in the ones that are there are able to be reset only difference.
When you do your relays be very careful to put 12 volt ones where they go and 24 volt ones where they go. .....
For good housekeeping/labeling of what circuit is 12v powered and what is 24v powered..... definitely true. Yet for purposes of protection.. electronics does not care what volt you put in there as long as the overall max watt is the same. (watts = volts x amps ) Thus if correct 12v relay / 30amp is called for (360watts=12v x 30amp) .... then you can use a 24v fuse at 15 amp cause that also is 360 Watts.

Thus in a pinch...... do the math...... otherwise for keeping your mind straight when doing future elec. repairs and you expect to be looking at relays to remind you what circuit is what voltage.. then keep it specific as Coffey1 recommends.

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He should have no problems the door should have a label telling him exactly what relay and what fuse or breaker he needs.
If you don't have this let us know and we will get a picture of ours to you.

Longrange08

Yes that would be great Dave. Also i printed out the pages in the TM that have the fuse panel. Figured that would be very useful. And that was a nice lesson on electricity in a pinch I'll keep that in mind. Ty

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that would be great Dave. Also i printed out the pages in the TM that have the fuse panel. Figured that would be very useful. And that was a nice lesson on electricity in a pinch I'll keep that in mind. Ty
The one that Dave linked is for an A1 series truck, but yours is an A0. Just making sure you are aware so it doesn't confuse the issue for you. The blade fuses are fine to use permanently. The advantage of the breakers is that they can be reset vs. having to be replaced.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reset circuit breakers take the place of a fuse.
Reason they are used for field expedited quick repair.
Push button and go and no fumbling do I have a fuse.

If you blow a circuit, do you really want to reset without diagnosing or fixing problem? I would prefer a fuse so damage is minimalized.

Bussman makes ato circuit breakers for aftermarket. They can be found on epay or napa.

DSD277

I've been using fuses for 5 years now. And actually prefer a fuse. They are either good or blown. Circuit breakers can go bad like any other electrical component. It is possible for them to trip way below the rated amperes causing someone to think there is an electrical issue when there isn't, or stick close and not trip.I know on Pinzgauers and Haflingers, breakers decay with age and their close exposure to heat from sunlight in hot climates. Circuit breakers are thermal.... So, for anyone that has a CB tripping continuously, I'd would replace it with a fuse, just to verify it isn't the CB.... a couple of fuses are a lot less costly than a CB or chasing a line fault that might not be there

Added the PDP for the AO.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks