• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best place to order glass for a M1009

StoneyHill

I am looking to replace the side glass panels in the shell of my M 1009. The original panels at some point were replaced with aftermarket sliding panels that are now deteriorating.

I found this number in the manual:

PAFZZ 75829 14076859
PAFZZ 75829 14076860

I called my local glass shop and the girl on the phone could not cross reference this part number.

Any hints? Is there a civilian K5 equivilant part number?

Thanks for any help.

Scott Burns

M1075

I am looking to replace the side glass panels in the shell of my M 1009. The original panels at some point were replaced with aftermarket sliding panels that are now deteriorating.

I found this number in the manual:

PAFZZ 75829 14076859
PAFZZ 75829 14076860

I called my local glass shop and the girl on the phone could not cross reference this part number.

Any hints? Is there a civilian K5 equivilant part number?

Thanks for any help.

Scott Burns
Contact Warthog on here. He has some side glass and can make you a great deal! Check the classifieds, as I know he had an add posted.

REGULATOR

Stoney,

i just swapped out the stock glass with sliders

I have BOTH sides in pretty good condition in Augusta Ga

cheaper then new ones, got anything you want to swap?

I'll take some pics, nothing wrong with them that I can remember, I just wanted the tinted aftermarket ones.

are you coming to the GA rally?

StoneyHill

Thanks for all your replys. I saw Warthog's ad. Send him a message but got no reply. His ad was only for one side.

Regulator, how much do you want for them? PM me. I could take them off your hands.

Regulator, what brand sliders to you put in? Where did you buy them? I might be interested in going that route again. The problem I had with the sliders were brittle and cracks seals and clips. They leaked a little.

New to this. Not familiar with the GA rally, although I have seen it mentioned.

Thanks again,
Scott

REGULATOR

I ordered my sliding windows from LMC they were expensive as far as that goes. but they do look nice and open wide and let a lot of air in, and I can even toss cargo in the back seat with them open.

I am not looking to make any money on them thats for sure.. but it woudl probably be a PITA to ship and I would eb worried sick they would break.

thats why I asked if you ahd anythign to trade, keep it frendly.

PM me with any sort of offer.. be better if you picked up, or I met you somewhere with them to prevent breakage in the mail.

check out the GA rally thread, its not far from you coupel hrs drive, and you get to off road your m1009.

My 17 yr old installed the glass in his, if your stock rubber frame around the windows is still good you can reuse it.,

SmokeyDod

I have a friend located near Easley, SC that deals in some MV parts and he has brand new ones still in packaging at cheap prices. I assume you need both. We are talking about the side panel glasses in the rear top cover on the M1009. I don't think he has back roll up glass. If interested PM me on my email smokeydodgens@charter.net and I will check with him and get back to you.

StoneyHill

Regulator,
Let me check with the fellow in Easley, SC first. If his price is reasonable, it would be easier to ship if the glass were still in the factory packaging. If not, maybe I can work out a deal with your son to package it up and ship it to me. I know 17yo boys like to make some extra cash.

Thanks again to everyone for the replys.

SCott

REGULATOR

sure, I have no problem shipping, just concerns about it making it :)

or the UPS people chargign a fortune to pack it to make sure it doesnt break..

much easier to pick up, drop off

Barrman

Just a side note. The ones Wart Hog has are still boxed to military specs. I came home with 3 of them when I picked up the M1009 a few months ago. 7 foot long box, 4 feet high and about 1 foot thick. Any glass you buy from him will not get broken during shipping. Might not fit in the brown truck, but damage is not a concern with them.

Another side note. I have good clear solid glass in mine. Yet, I have convinced myself that I want sliders for back seat passenger air and dog enjoyment. Guys with sliders seem to want solid. What is wrong with the sliders?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all your replys. I saw Warthog's ad. Send him a message but got no reply. His ad was only for one side.
Never saw your message. Was it a PM or email?

The windows I have are for the left rear only. They are packed in a box that is filled with foam. No breaking unless you run over it or use a GL forklift. ;)

The box is too big to ship FedEx or UPS. Has to use a trucking company or the SS delivery network. I am trying to send some out to various locations to cut down delvery time and distance.

If any one needs one I have a semi-trailer full of them.

3dubs

LMC will kill you on shipping. Call your glass shop and do not give the a part number. Just tell them 1985 K5 Blazer solid side window. They are all the same size. But call and save the drive. If one does not have it call another.