• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Source for CUCV alternators?

rmgill

What's the best source for good CUCV alternators? A fella I know is looking for a few sets. East coast or Central plains states is closer to the fellow than west coast.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have a few that are take offs. Most of these are probably just fine as is but I would rebuild them before use just to be sure. PM me if interested. Need to know how many you want.

jag7720

Will a civi alternator work? I have a diesel van (1987 6.2 Chevy)that I am scrapping and I put on a new alternator about a year ago... can I use this on my M1009?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will a civi alternator work? I have a diesel van (1987 6.2 Chevy)that I am scrapping and I put on a new alternator about a year ago... can I use this on my M1009?
If it is an AC Delco 27si, it will fit. You will need to have it modified to work on the rightside alt(isolated ground).

colomil

I just went through a parts-store search for the alt on my M1009 and I learned a few things. The case is a large frame 27SI with an insulated ground. That same case & internals were used on several civvy vehicles except they did not have the insulated ground. If you have the phenolic spacers you could probably convert one to insulated ground. I am going to try that today. I will be purchasing a 100A 27SI alternator for a 1984 caddy deville w/ the 4.1 engine. I will pop that back case off and put the insulators behind the ground leg of the rectifier heat sink. I will take photos to show how this is done.

jag7720

I got it at a NAPA store... not sure of the model. It is on the right side of the van. Will it still need modification?

I currently only have on alt on my m1009 and it is on the right side and the truck is 12v only.

If it is a direct swap or small mod I'd like to keep it for a spare.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks