• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best source for exhaust?

ehuppert

Just went through this saga... Towing about 7k behind the truck and a pipe (pre muffler) busted... Motor is a SBC, but pipes are the same! Wasn't able to stay off the gas, loud as ****!!!!

Bought the Dynomax system via mail order, but definitely won't recommend as it didn't fit very well! Was supposed to fit 1/2 thru 1 ton, 4wd. but.... Rt side tailpipe interfered with the brake valve and shock. Ended up buying a rt tailpipe through our FLAPs and getting it close. Neither side fit well, had to use our tubing bender to make sonme adjustments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had to replace the exhaust system from the muffler back - including the muffler - on a couple of my CUCV's and I went to a local shop - told them I had three systems to inspect and repair -

went with 2 1/4 pipe and a three chamber free flow muffler - not only does it FEEL like more power, it now has a nice low growl when you hit the go pedal - and it wasn't more than about $250 per truck

I also installed K&N air filter as well - you know, better air in, better air out

truck1

My 1028's exhaust was shot so I went with a custom 2 1/2 " with flowmasters,and crossover pipe.Sounds great and better performance.It was 450$ but worth it.Way better than stock with mufflers.:beer:

unaffiliated

rockauto.com has everything you need in pre-bent exhaust pipes. Mine has the right front pipe from the manifold to muffler from them. Previous owner installed it. Fit nicely. I plan on getting the rest of the system one day.

ClockworkSkin

I am replacing the exhaust on my 1009. The link posted by idM1028 was helpful however I have a question I couldn't find the answer to. When you are looking at civilian parts, which Chevy vehicle matches the military equivalent closest (which one should I be ordering parts under)? Is the K5 Blazer?

Whitfield

Walker (Brand) usually has everything you need and top notch quality. They were around 30 yrs ago and while not as popular today they have good stuff and a great selection. I ran the pipe bender and did custom exhaust for 7yrs.

The big flaw I see with my truck is dual exhaust and low hanging tail pipes. I'm hoping to find a take off oem late model Diesel system to modify and place under my truck. I should be able to make the muffler and tail work ~ front pipe will still need to be custom.