• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Stereo/ Sound System For Your Humvee

M35a2Deuce

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share with you some feedback after installing and using the BOSS Audio Marine grade audio system in my Humvee. I have been running the system in my truck for a few months now and I couldn't be more happy with it. I went with this system because it was fairly cheap and it was a marine grade system, my thought was that if it can withstand being on a boat then it can hold up inside my Humvee. It has great sound, even at highway speeds I can hear my music perfectly. So far I have had zero issues with the audio system and I will update this post if anything happens with it. I also made a video showing the system you can hear the audio quality in the video. Hope this helps anyone looking for a good system for their Humvee or any military truck.

Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j93xEe_-G5A

~Dakota Wood

McSpeed

Hey Dakota - I enjoy all your Humvee how-to and upgrade videos. I lived in Auburndale and worked in Winter Haven for many years...and went through your area from time to time. I'm considering sound options in my truck right now. Funny thing is, I saw one of your videos (maybe the a/c install) and saw the radio head unit...and wondered what the heck it was - now I know. I'm now in the land of high taxes, corrupt politicians...and FOUR REAL seasons. Doubtful I'll ever re-claim Florida as my home (although I was born there) - but one thing I know is I'd like some tunes in the truck just like you.

I'm wondering if that radio could go in the engine dog house cover with a quick disconnect for those of us that don't want the shelf or other items in the console.

On the boat trailer test in your video...I just put a hitch and drop down on mine as well as a series of relays to drop to 12 volt. I intend on hauling my Hydrosteam Viper all Summer if possible - close trip to the lake for me. I'll be interested in how your tow goes.