• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

l1a1man

the wowrst thing is more like it. So my son found the one thing NO one wants to find. Drum roll please....................

He removed a piece of plywood from the rear of the 1028 and low and be hold he found a Depends adult diaper FULL of poop. what is wrong with people? If you don't believe I WILL furnish a picture. aua :shock:.

He called me at work freaking out, I just about fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard, now the laughing is over, I will have to help him clean it up.

Last edited:

CutBeef

In my first Blazer i found a stick of wet tnt. No lie. ( Not to be confused with a road flare ). Also i found a tank track section or link, broken glass, some lake city .223 brass and a mag spring.
When we found the stick of tnt we all looked at it for a while then threw it very far away and the dang salvage yard dog thot we were playing fetch. Very funny time. Keep in mind this was a salvage yard with 6x6's and blazer hulls all over. Im kicking myself now for not grabbing more parts.

best things found

im a fairly new mv owner, but aquired 2 quickly... apparently i was lucky with the extras in my m1010 when i got it... 2 sets of safety reflectors, large rubber wheel chock with chain, complete rear kit, removed but in there, gun locker, already installed, complete jack set, spare tire, brand new folding camping cook table, crummy tape deck and little junk house speakers (in a box in the back), large fire extinguisher, complete tm in a binder, various nuts, bolts, n parts in a box, and, my personal fav, a PA municipal lisc plate under the seat!!

JCKnife

Picked up some MOLLE packs at Lockbourne a couple weeks ago and found a few odds and ends in them. Most surprising was a catheter. New in the wrapper, thank goodness.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rifle rack, jack, jack handle, lots of spare wiring. No tire iron, no spare tire and no front drive shaft.
Almost forgot, 1 9mm round, unfired, coated in gack.

1986Blazerk5

In my first Blazer i found a stick of wet tnt. No lie. ( Not to be confused with a road flare ). Also i found a tank track section or link, broken glass, some lake city .223 brass and a mag spring.
When we found the stick of tnt we all looked at it for a while then threw it very far away and the dang salvage yard dog thot we were playing fetch. Very funny time. Keep in mind this was a salvage yard with 6x6's and blazer hulls all over. Im kicking myself now for not grabbing more parts.
Where is this salvage yard? I live in brighton and i am looking for a place.

mslogr

Here goes. Our 109 had a complete tool kit, jack, spare and ladder for the back. Our 817 had not one spare but 4 all goodyear, new jack, lug wrench, 3/4 inch pull handle, and a brass hammer. Our 920 came with a jack, lug wrench, 12 inch extention, and a new winch cable. The 818 we bought came without any goodies. Oh yeah the 109, 817, and 920 had at least 3/4 tank of fuel,hot batteries, and triangles. I guess its just redneck luck.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess my 1008 has given up the usual treasures; jack, spare, lugwrench, rifle racks and some radio cabling... but one thing it was missing was a dipstick & tube. Still looking for a replacement.

About the coolest thing just recently discovered, under the driver's seat, was a crumpled-up filthy old $20 dollar bill! It was so dirty & nasty at first I was about to toss it when suddenly I felt that 'money feel', if you know what I mean.

Wonder if Mark would mind if maybe I could change my handle to 20dollarbillman... or would that be in bad taste? ;-)

blaep4110

mine had gun racks, jack, jack handle, steering wheel chain, lug wrench, manual, measurement chart, heavily used spare, various bolts and screws, a single 5.56 blank, an 80's soda can tab, and an empty pack of marlboros wedged between the passengers seat.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just got a 101a2 trailer out of savannah cramed full of stuff. 2 foot lockers, pick, 2 shovels, convoy sign, 3 Scepter jerry cans, 4 jerry can mounts, complete set of metal bows and risers for a m35 and several 100 wooden tent stakes.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just got a 101a2 trailer out of savannah cramed full of stuff. 2 foot lockers, pick, 2 shovels, convoy sign, 3 Scepter jerry cans, 4 jerry can mounts, complete set of metal bows and risers for a m35 and several 100 wooden tent stakes.
Man---- what a haul!

hairba11

best thing we got was in a shop trailer, a 6/12/24v battery charger. High range cranks out 28 amps at 24V, sucker weighs 50 lbs.
I already have a few 12v chargers, so i replaced the battery clip ends with a spare slave cable end so i can just plug it into the truck and charge it

BIG_RED

My M1009 had the rifle rack still installed. Nothing else at all that should've been in there. Had an axe holder installed beside the drivers seat. Thought that was cool, truck was ex-fire dept. Oh, and I found an empty condom wrapper and rubber glove inside the tailgate when I fixed the roll up window.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks