• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

best way to clean out fuel tank?

jhooah

As no one mentioned it, hot water and crystal Draino work well at removing the gunk within. Has to be the Crystals though, liquid does not work.
Sloshed it around a few tanks and never had a problem once triple rinsed and allowed to dry, etc.

24 Hours left in Afghanistan, transfered everything and debriefed (adnausium) nothing left to do but surf and wait on the USAF...figures.
V/R LTC Winget
US Infantry

Westex

Red-Kote is the best tank sealer I've ever used! I lined the fuel tanks on my old John Deere with it and I am very happy with it. I've used tank Kreem in the past and it doesn't cover as well and would peel off it it got to thick in one spot.

I just had my original tank coated with this by a very professional radiator shop here in ELP ; they did a jam up job. Red Kote is the way to go. It is an aviation tank coating. Having fun painting the exterior of the tank earlier today. The solution to get to the left part of the tank as you look at it on the passenger side of the Deuce is to install and tap a drain plug there. That way, you can coat the whole tank. The tap is not to put the coating in, but rather to let it breathe and dry out. Any questions, PM me.