• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best way to remove the suspension squat sensor on the middle axle of M1088 (has braided wire loop on it)

Reworked LMTV

I have a suspension squat sensor (whatever it is called) on my middle axle. At most I will have 6k pounds on the back. Can I remove this? Cap air lines or connect to each other?

Reworked LMTV

No, that biases the rear brake pressure to help keep you from over braking the rear and locking wheels when you are light... as you add weight it progressively adds pressure to match braking to the added weight/traction...
Is the bias between the rear axles or front to back?

Ronmar

Front to back. The front axle weight doesn't change that much, so those cans get the pressure the treadle valve sends down to them directly. The rears only get a percentage of treadle valve pressure depending on how much the suspension is being compressed by the load carried… common item on most pickups also…

ramdough

Front to back. The front axle weight doesn't change that much, so those cans get the pressure the treadle valve sends down to them directly. The rears only get a percentage of treadle valve pressure depending on how much the suspension is being compressed by the load carried… common item on most pickups also…
What Ronmar said….. you need that or you will be in trouble if you run light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reworked LMTV

So I guess I need to get this brake proportional valve remounted. It has been so long since I removed the 5th wheel. I'm thinking it was mounted to the bottom of the 5th wheel somewhere? I stole this picture off the net, but my valve is hanging like this. Can I maybe mount it the 5 hole flange just north on the middle axle? 1700182842326.jpeg

B-Dog

Can I maybe mount it the 5 hole flange just north on the middle axle?
The valve is supposed to mount to that 5 hole bracket.
There's a procedure in the TM on how to set the tension. You'll need a pressure guage on one of the brake cans. Press the brake, check the pressure and adjust as needed. The predefined settings are based on each fmtv variant so you might have to estimate a lower value if you have less weight (no bed)

If the weight never changes, you COULD replace the valve with a proportioning valve. I did that on a Tacoma years ago.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks