• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Wrecker Paintjob

m.walker

I just got an M62 and it needs painting . I considered lusterless OD , but I also like the dark 3 color camo . Any pics on wreckers painted ? I haven't seen many in the lusterless OD so any pics would help . What's your favorite ?

Fat Jack

I love camo, either flat or slightly glossy, but am starting to like the look of the darker OD green, solid color semi gloss, somewhat shiney. Looks awesome on a nice vehicle.

m.walker

WOW nice trucks ! , I'm in a toss up between camo like yours and lusterless OD . You did what I'm wanting to do and thats painting your trucks so they look like they are in the same unit . Thanks I'm saving your pics , Mark .

BMS07

Hey bigelk50 yes painted the trucks myself. And M.walker Glad you like the trucks and hoped it help you out. Thanks for the good commets on the trucks. Thanks again Brad

TenTires

Heck yeah those trucks look good BMS07! What kind of paint is that and where did you get it? Also, what size tires are on your deuce and did you have to modify it to get those to fit or just put them on? :-D

snakeater

BSM07 is that carc that you painted them both is? I like the monochromatic look for the deuce. Where do you get your paint from. I am about to paint my bobbed deuce and am looking for options on paint as well. thanks Snakeater

wsucougarx

Looks like Gillespie paint by the low glossy look. Beautiful paintjob!!! How paint paint did you need for the deuce? I'm planning on using SW Waterborne CARC on my dropside this summer, however Gillespie does look good. Hmm, I've got a few months to figure it all out.
If it's Gillespie the place to get it is RAPCOPARTS.COM if it's CARC then I would venture to guess Sherwin-Williams from what I have heard about the ease of use w/SW waterborne CARC.

Last edited:

Chut1st

FWIW, under all the layers of paint on my 1956 M-62, the original is 24087 semigloss OD. When I get settled in a new shop, the first project is sandblasting and a new 24087 paint job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks