• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

better headlights

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
on another thread , 'Replacing your multifuel engine with something else?', there are a couple of comments about headlights. on my mellinium reo i had 7" halogen bulbs (sealed beams) since it was 12 volt. i also had 7" halogen bulbs in the fender mounts but only the high was wired. on high they were way more then bright, it was like daytime. now with 24 volt i see that crazy_matt and i have done the same thing. hella H-4, E code housings with 70/75 watt bulbs. for $100 you can get lights that are just awsome.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use a battery equalizer with a 50 amp rating, 12V lamps can be used in parallel and no worries about ruining batteries or one failure leaving you in the dark.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
wilco said:
If you wire 2 --12V halogen headlamps in series they will work with 24Volt system.
and without some elaborate relay system you will only have low or high not both. just use 24 volt bulbs, they are cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks