• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beware!! Major fuel leak, filters to IP

70deuce

Driving around in the good snow we got here south of Denver and stopped to see a friend plowing. Drove through a snow covered field and stopped to talk. When I headed back to the truck, I noticed fuel pouring out from underneath the engine bay. The smaller 1/4 inch feed line from the injection pump to the cold start manifold had rubbed through the 3/8 line that runs from the secondary filiters to the injection pump. They were resting on each other and the smaller one ate right through the bigger one. Fuel was spraying all over the place on the left side of the motor. Can't tell from the pictures but the whole left side of the motor was drenched with diesel. You can see the wear point on the line. So beware. I'm going to slip rubber fuel line over all the plastic to plastic contact points and I noticed there were a few or at least locations where they run close together. Line has been repaired, a very easy fix, and the truck will show up here in a new video soon.

Attachments

ARYankee

Thanks for sharing the info. I'm going to check mine out as well. I did notice when I was replacing my radiator that there were a few of my lines that were close to each other or a potential spot where they could vibrate and wear a hole in it. But I'm going to go through it all this weekend to make sure.

70deuce

Its possible these plastic lines could be on our trucks for 30 years or more in some cases. This truck was depot rebuit 1991, relatively recent and I could snap these lines easier than I could cut them. Its a good idea on any M series truck to replace the plastic and rubber lines as they can be extremely brittle and fail at any time.

dm22630

I just replaced all of my leaky injector return lines.....VERY EASY! (thanks DOGHEAD!!!!)

All you need is 1/4" outside diameter air brake line & new farrels & inserts (use brass, NOT plastic).

You should replace all of them at once if you are going to get diesel all over you anyway.