• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BEWARE of Bank of America - now going after MV owners in wiring of money...

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP said that BoA does virtually all the international money wire transfers. How do we know if this is a BoA policy/practice as compared to something imposed on BoA by government regulators (as papabear suggested)? Said another way, how do we know other banks would not have done the exact same thing, if they had the opportunity? I am not sticking up for BoA in any way; rather, I want to look at all sides of the issue before forming an opinion.
ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and the EAR (Export Administration Regulations) are export control regulations run by different departments of the US Government. Both of them are designed to help ensure that defense related technology does not get into the wrong hands.
US based businesses dealing with listed ITAR technology must abide by these regs.

Augdog1964

ITAR has nothing to do with BofA's questions. Now when I'm filling out my Form 6 for importation, you bet it does. We have to face facts unfortunately... the age of individuals buying and importing armored vehicles is coming to a close. It is already rapidly closing in Europe, and we won't be far behind.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Presently in Jerusalem, Israel. Got here through Paris France.
Upon entry into BOTH countries we convered US CURRENCY into the CURRENCY of the nation we are visiting. Although we are carrying BoA Debit Cards (with balances adequate for any contingency) we don't intend to use them along the way.
YES, BoA has been clearing money transfers we made prior to departure and there were no glitches there.

With tongue in cheek I should add that both Habeeb and Abdul have accepted cold hard CASH for the Israeli Military Surplus I may or may not have purchased. Shipping "trinkets" home in large shipping containers won't be a problem, I've been assured.
I'll post pics of the MV I acquired when it arrives stateside.
:grd:

saddamsnightmare

April 30th, 2016.

Gents:

BoA ended up with my house mortgage after two other companies had it and flipped it to them. They are probably the most clueless, greediest bunch of S-B's you can find outside of a middle-eastern bazar souk stall for money lenders, and I ended up having a local bank take the mortgage over so I could have someone in the US to discuss matters with. Sorry that the OP ran into them, but unless he wants to arrange his own transfers by and to the Bank of England or some other such bank, it looks like that BoA, ITAR and Co. will be checking into your armor purchases.

And like one poster above, I do believe the day of privately owned armor in the US will soon be a thing of the past. Considering the opportunities for misuse, perhaps it is well, as nobody knows how many DAESH operatives are already in the states, and how many of them would love a Saladin or Eland to send a message with would be something to ponder, I'm just saying.......:-(

The world, my friends, is not a very safe place of late, so stay safe and good luck!

1bonehead

I for one am not ready to relinquish my rights based on someone else's fear and paranoia. The fact that our government has been infringing on our rights more and more every few months is not acceptable nor constitutional.

BOA will never get my business ever. Ever. I refinanced my house to get away from them the month they had bought my loan from another bank. Thugs are what they are.

UNIMOG-GUY

BOA knows they are to big to fail....but that's another discussion for another time.
BOA got in trouble for the way they were processing debits. They would process the highest amount first and then the next highest amount and so on. With each following debit they were hoping to bounce your account thus having you incur a $35 over draft fee each time a smaller amount posts.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I for one am not ready to relinquish my rights based on someone else's fear and paranoia. The fact that our government has been infringing on our rights more and more every few months is not acceptable nor constitutional.

BOA will never get my business ever. Ever. I refinanced my house to get away from them the month they had bought my loan from another bank. Thugs are what they are.
Oh boy, here we go, this thread is going south and is going quick.:rules:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll take this thread back to it's roots.

1) Is this vehicle armored and/or can it have guns fitted to it.
2) Who is the owner of this vehicle.
3) What is the ultimate or intended purpose for owning this vehicle.[QUOTE]

These are "end user" type questions. It's safe to say that our government and big finance are working together to control who gets possession of OD.

Rick

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, *any* vehicle can have guns fitted to it. What kind of end user question is that?

That's like when I was in New Mexico and there is that mandatory stop on the interstate by the boarder patrol. The fellow asked, and I quote, "Are you a citizen?" I think every person in the world could answer that 100% truthfully as "YES!". Everyone is a citizen of somewhere. I get told to shut up at work too when I question ambiguous technicalities... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ScubaCat

Go to a credit union and don't look back . I love mine. VERY customer focused. I had a problem getting gas with my card while out on the road. I called their 800 # after hours and the credit union president called me at 7am to help me...

jerry v

Heck, with how little % rates are .I will just keep it, in my safe. I don't know about you gentlemen ,I feel less free every day. It is an honor to be on a site with all of you, Good hardworking men, and women,patriotic ,fun loving, family oriented, honest people .I have learned tremendous amount, since joining :soapbox::hammer::patracy:[thumbzup]

saddamsnightmare

July 18th, 2016.

Bet that plumber really hated not taking the 15 minutes to remove the signs from his truck cab, but from what I can see in the picture, the present owners have come up with something better then liquid plumber to clean out your old shorts, or should I say, dirty them up!;-)

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife is from China and she was going over there to visit family and we send 5K to a western Union so she could pick up the money when she arrived. Later that day I got a call from the Fed and they were asking a couple questions primarily WHY are you sending the money to China, I told them it was for my wife so she had money when she arrived there the next week, all they said was OK and I was good to go!
As far as a bank holding up a money transfer and not making every attempt to get hold of you with these questions is just plain stupid not to mention very illegal, a bank cannot get in the way of direct commerce without talking to the originator of the transaction as soon as possible to rectify the issue. I would sure call my state bank board to get these rules explained very thoroughly, then I would report this bank and what they did to the board!
And it should be non of the banks business what your blowing your money on!
KK

99nouns

Hello All!

Hey I wanted to relay an issue to you, so you could also warn other vehicle collectors of a huge potential problem.

In early April I wired funds to the UK to pay for shipping of my BRM-1k (a rare BMP-1 variant). This was after the funds for purchase had been wired (which I think was about 2 weeks earlier).

Today, at least 3 weeks later, I get a phone call from my bank saying that Bank of America had held the wire, and was not going to process it until “questions were answered” as it may constitute a violation of their policies.

Mind you, this wire was for shipping of a vehicle, not the vehicle itself.

My bank is NOT Bank of America (nor would it ever be), but when I asked my bank (US Bank) why Bank of America was involved, they said most of the major banks use Bank of America for all International wires out of the US. US Bank does the same. BofA (according to my US Bank person) controls most of the international wire transfers…

SO, they had held my wire until they got answers to their questions… their questions?

1) Is this vehicle armored and/or can it have guns fitted to it.
2) Who is the owner of this vehicle.
3) What is the ultimate or intended purpose for owning this vehicle.

So I answered the questions, and now I wait to see if my shipping wire will go through for my armored vehicle.

I know BofA did similar things with gun shop owners, so now it appears they are extending their noses into vehicles too.

Incredible, that THEIR policy can stop MY money from going overseas, for a legal purpose, that came OUT of an institution that they clear money for.

Pass the word!

Augdog1964
And imagine if you were Muslim...

And they tell me these terro guys are able to spend 1000s of dollars in guns explosives and logistics, you cant even wire 5 k, I have a friend who is from Honkong bought a container of rice to sell and he was tagged by si I ae and they told him, dont you ever touch bulk food, and he was followed for 5 years, he still thinks they are following him.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks