• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beware of Govplanet!

B4utoo

I'm just posting this as a warning to all those who want to buy or thinking about buying from govplanet. I've made many purchases from them before. Just want to let you know about my most recent purchase. I bought something and I scheduled a pickup drove hours and hours out of my way to go get it only to find out nobody's there to give me my item. Their reasoning is well it's just automated . We only can make appointments we can't make him show up . Going on a week now I'm getting almost zero help from govplanet. They're asking me if I want to abandon my item for they can relist it. But they feel like they should refund my gas for trip... whoopity Doo... after hours on my phone. All they want to do is send me a generic email once they get me off the phone. Saying send us receipts and will refund you for your gas. And sorry about your luck on your item. Saying I should trust a third party will be there this time to give me my item. But make no promises if it happens again.. I join the form just to get the message out to you guys. Because I've noticed a lot of people have post on here from govplanet. And just want to let you know what to expect if this happens to you. So please make your purchases local. I do apologize if this does not belong on this forum. I posted here because I thought a lot of traffic was here. And I would reach the right people.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm just posting this as a warning to all those who want to buy or thinking about buying from govplanet. I've made many purchases from them before. Just want to let you know about my most recent purchase. I bought something and I scheduled a pickup drove hours and hours out of my way to go get it only to find out nobody's there to give me my item. Their reasoning is well it's just automated . We only can make appointments we can't make him show up . Going on a week now I'm getting almost zero help from govplanet. They're asking me if I want to abandon my item for they can relist it. But they feel like they should refund my gas for trip... whoopity Doo... after hours on my phone. All they want to do is send me a generic email once they get me off the phone. Saying send us receipts and will refund you for your gas. And sorry about your luck on your item. Saying I should trust a third party will be there this time to give me my item. But make no promises if it happens again.. I join the form just to get the message out to you guys. Because I've noticed a lot of people have post on here from govplanet. And just want to let you know what to expect if this happens to you. So please make your purchases local. I do apologize if this does not belong on this forum. I posted here because I thought a lot of traffic was here. And I would reach the right people.
So... I picked up my very first thing from GovPlanet today.

Maybe I was "gun shy" and more conservative than normal...
I called and talked to a real human on Friday 4/9/2021.
Not here in the state, in California (I think).

They agreed that my item number was sitting on the yard.
The lady I spoke to agreed that I could come today 4/12.
I showed up and I waited about ten minutes.

A huge split-in-the-middle vehicle with forks on it grabbed
my box and set it on the truck.

I was really pleased with what I got and the service received.

-------------

Not sure if maybe calling ahead would have helped you or not. The paperwork - and I read every last bit of it - did say that the lot I went to is not staffed every day. Maybe that is what happened to you?

Definitely NOT a good thing for you.
Hate to hear that you had a problem.

No, I don't work for GovPlanet and they didn't give me any kind of special deal either!

Phoenix77

So... I picked up my very first thing from GovPlanet today.

Maybe I was "gun shy" and more conservative than normal...
I called and talked to a real human on Friday 4/9/2021.
Not here in the state, in California (I think).

They agreed that my item number was sitting on the yard.
The lady I spoke to agreed that I could come today 4/12.
I showed up and I waited about ten minutes.

A huge split-in-the-middle vehicle with forks on it grabbed
my box and set it on the truck.

I was really pleased with what I got and the service received.

-------------

Not sure if maybe calling ahead would have helped you or not. The paperwork - and I read every last bit of it - did say that the lot I went to is not staffed every day. Maybe that is what happened to you?

Definitely NOT a good thing for you.
Hate to hear that you had a problem.

No, I don't work for GovPlanet and they didn't give me any kind of special deal either!
Sounds like the Sand Pit in Fayetteville; they're pretty great. Not rocket surgeons, but they know what they're doing, and if you're cool to them (i.e., treat them like people), they'll reciprocate in kind. I've had great experiences there.

Phoenix77

If you really want to get their attention, send a well-written letter via registered mail to Iron Planet carefully detailing your experience and your grievances.

I had an issue with a lot of 182 .50 cal ammo cans - only 65 had lids, which I took exception to. I carefully laid it out while laying into them, identified what I considered acceptable remuneration and why.

Their first response was a typical low-ball "$100 of your next purchase", which I scoffed at and let them know that their plan to get more of my business as a way to remediate bad business was unacceptable. When my letter got there (the initial exchange was via email), they changed their tune and offered a settlement only $15 shy of my proposed amount, so I jumped on it.

Just be assertive, put everything in writing, and approach it like a negotiation; they'll try to low-ball you, so hit back hard. The net result will be somewhere in the middle. Oh, and don't hesitate to call out the stated virtues of the Iron Planet Guarantee and point out where they fell short as applicable.

Attachments

B4utoo

Yermo continues solid customer service. So far. They agreed to separate my trailers. Keep u guys posted

4WD

Curious about service from Albany, GA. Have to have a gen set shipped from there to me. Edit... Other thread says there good to go so I'll leave it at that.

B4utoo

Okay I went to Yermo again. I bought m353 trailers triple stack. They were very helpful. Separated my trailers. Held them for me. And I took one home each time. I didn't have to worry about locating my stuff. They're more than happy to help me in any way they could. Even had one with a flat tire. They held it up with the forklift and I changed it and help me with the tire loading and unloading. I could give names out but I rather not put them on blast they went too far beyond their job.. excellent service again. Yermo is a good yard.

FloridaAKM

My only trip to Albany so far was to pick up a truck mounted shelter for my Deuce. I won the item, paid for it & lined up the pickup time. I was met @ the gate by the man who was on duty that day, he knew who I was somehow, loaded the truck with the shelter & off I went.

Not all recoveries are like this, but I have no complaints against Gov Planet so far & I live 15 miles from their North Florida site.

I did win a HUMMVEE shelter from the Florida site & when I went to pick it up, it wouldn't fit in the trailer I brought, so I rescheduled for the next weekend. A few months after bringing it home, GovPlanet informed me that if I didn't come get the shelter, they would collapse the auction & I would lose the shelter. I did nothing & that's what they did, so I lost the shelter in my back yard & their inventory came up short. I still have the shelter, but have a black mark on my record as to having a sale collapsed & relisted. What can I say. ;-).

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious about service from Albany, GA. Have to have a gen set shipped from there to me. Edit... Other thread says there good to go so I'll leave it at that.
just picked a Generator up there Monday. Was a good experience except the address does not actually exist on Google. I did call the friday before and they had not pulled the item, but it only took 10-15 minutes to load.

Crazyguyla

My only trip to Albany so far was to pick up a truck mounted shelter for my Deuce. I won the item, paid for it & lined up the pickup time. I was met @ the gate by the man who was on duty that day, he knew who I was somehow, loaded the truck with the shelter & off I went.

Not all recoveries are like this, but I have no complaints against Gov Planet so far & I live 15 miles from their North Florida site.

I did win a HUMMVEE shelter from the Florida site & when I went to pick it up, it wouldn't fit in the trailer I brought, so I rescheduled for the next weekend. A few months after bringing it home, GovPlanet informed me that if I didn't come get the shelter, they would collapse the auction & I would lose the shelter. I did nothing & that's what they did, so I lost the shelter in my back yard & their inventory came up short. I still have the shelter, but have a black mark on my record as to having a sale collapsed & relisted. What can I say. ;-).
Maybe you should email them and tell them there was some mistake and this shelter magically appeared in your yard... 🤔🤔🤣🤣

Ram1911

Okay I went to Yermo again. I bought m353 trailers triple stack. They were very helpful. Separated my trailers. Held them for me. And I took one home each time. I didn't have to worry about locating my stuff. They're more than happy to help me in any way they could. Even had one with a flat tire. They held it up with the forklift and I changed it and help me with the tire loading and unloading. I could give names out but I rather not put them on blast they went too far beyond their job.. excellent service again. Yermo is a good yard.
Sounds like the guys down in MCAS Beaufort, SC when I got the trailer (A/M32K-4A). That was Jan 2017, FWIW. The biggest plus to that trip was getting to watch an F-35B do a VTOL landing while I changed light bulbs to 12V. :cool: Only regret was that this trip didn't happen a year or two sooner, as I knew an F/A-18 Squadron Cmdr at that time. Could've been a cool visit. He's an O-6 now, in the UK on a special assignment related to the USMC F-35B squadron attached to the HMS QE II Carrier Air Wing.

LtCol "X": Tony, what are you doing down here?

Me: "Stealing" one of your old bomb trailers :p

Last edited:

B4utoo

Last trip to Yermo. Govplanet yard....well let's just say you need to pay attention to who helps you. AND TRY TO HELP THEM NOT BREAK STUFF YOU ARE BUYING. Here is the deal. I bought another set of trailers. Triple stack. And the guy seperated them and busted a tail light. It was a half hearted and just doing my job mentality. Now the other guy who seperates my trailers uses a chain and it works like a charm. His own personal chains he brings to work. HE GOES THE EXTRA MILE! It is easier not to break stuff using the chain, instead of just using the fork lift. Anyways. The very fact that they chose to help me and seperate my trailers is a plus. Because they don't have to. Is in the contract you're on your own, bring your own means. Its why I didn't say anything. I was just grateful they do like to help those who win auctions. And if something happens, its not out of spite. If its a big problem that happens proceed accordingly. But a tail light is minor. Even if its a military one and hard to replace. I STILL APPRECIATE THIS YARD AND THEY STILL HAVE MY BUSINESS. LOOKING FORWARD TO MY 7TH PURCHASE IN THE FUTURE. 6 FOR 7 IN GOOD EXPERIENCES!

Hummer Guy

Did they refund you?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks