• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFG 35's weakness?

kentuckycucv

, just a small 1/4" puncture spot.

Ok I just read this thread and I am wondering if your 35 inch tires are too big for the vehicle (is it lifted) and maybe your punctures are from the fenders hitting your front tires when you turn and bottom out hard.... Just a theory.

Elwenil

Since the tires were on it when you bought the vehicle, it's hard to say what they were put through before you got them. I have run BFGs on just about every truck I've had with the exception of the current Ramcharger which I foolishly put these stupid Boggers on. If I could get a set of 35" BFGs I would but funds do not permit it now. A lot of my friends run BFGs also, and I can say I have never seen the type of sidewall damage you describe. As a matter of fact, I've punctured the tread a few times but I've never seen a BFG with the sidewall torn out that wasn't involved in a wreck. One of my buddies runs a set of KMs with the outer layer of the sidewall worn off on rocks so that it looks like a whitewall. If I were to guess, I would say either the previous owner ran them aired down too much or drove on the tire when ti was flat and the rim damaged the tire from the inside. Also, depending on the size and rim size, some BFG KMs are still available.