• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

91W350

I had a bunch of 116 trailers sorted out to pull tires and wheels....too slow. They were fed to the crusher today. I think an ocean of nice 105 trailers will die tomorrow, along with about 40 five and 7.5 ton flatbeds. All of the semi vans were crushed today... so were the remaining exspansible boxes. He backed into a really nice M923 and then proceded to push it aside. Not so nice now, I fired it up and parked it outside of the yard. Hopefully somebody can score a new engine, transmission and transfer case. There is an unopened set of bows in the bed. Discouraging to say the least.

91W350

A ratty old 105 with a rough bed cover went to the crusher yesterday while I was tied up in the office, running the desk.....along with about 20 really nice 105 bed covers and a 900 series hardtop I had stored inside. This is pretty frustrating for me. :-? I sure waste a lot of what little free time I have in my life in vain.....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a shame I'm not closer, I'd be there with a socket set and a torch cutting off all the good parts for sale later. I'd be happy to pay scrap prices for parts that are sought after! But KS is a long way from VA. :(

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glen I DO have an idea of your frustration, when I was working on the last bacth of parts I got from you and saw the way they were removed from the donor truck it was baffling to say the least! I sure hope the truck they came off was junk because it sure was when they got done removing the parts for me! Hang in there my friend remember your working at a scrap yard, its all in the material NOT in the product! Do you think your going to be able to make it up to the MV show in Fargo next month? Let me know Glen and talk soon!

KK

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Glen A big thanks to you for helping with my 6 Trailer recovery today . I had won some out there and KsM715 wanted 2 and trailer could only carry 4 so went to the Gl site got 2 loaded up, hauled them over to Glens. He had to drop what he was doing and came back with a monster loader, unloaded the 2 and then we took of to get the other 4. Came back by for a short visit, wanted to check the MV yard but last nights rain had turned it into a quagmire so no joy at pick and pull!
Anybody know what the reel trailer was used for, bed and boxes are all aluminum.
All the trailers turned out to be former Marines, Oorah! :mrgreen:

TIGERFANS2
He has loads of duce wheels and tires.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/tigerfans2.html

Attachments

Last edited:

Tascabe

Could actually use one of those empty reels :)

Have to get all the Russian field wire off the Russian reels I have so I can refill them with US wire :)

91W350

I parked Jeff's trailers north of the white house at the end of the military yard. Looks like I will be moving in next to all my treasures the house is vacant and I am trying to buy it.... I have some windows in one of my 105 trailers. I also bought two M820s yesterday. The yard looks pretty barren right now, good thing I have a few trucks and trailers coming in!

Last edited:

davesgmc

i ned a hood from one of the 820's! if they are the ones from riley i think one had a decent hood. let me know if you will ahve one for sale,,,,PLEASE

also may be looking for some 105 fiberglass side boards and maybe a camo cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks