• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Glen,

What are metal prices doing now?

I just went to my local yard to sell some stuff.

Price dropped from $230 ton to $140 ton. :shock:

They had a sign up saying they hoped it was temperary.

91W350

It is dropping at a steady rate. We have dropped our prices about 45 dollars over the last six weeks. We should be lower than we are, 165 for unprepared iron, but we want to keep the pressure on the competition.

91W350

I do not think we have a straight one left, other than the seven on my running trucks. We use them for iron, tire and wheel storage. We move them around with rubber tired loaders....kind of rough on stuff.

91W350

Hey Glen, any update on my windshield?
Boxed up, hoping to get to the post office tomorrow. I hate packing and shipping glass.If it arrives broken, I doubt you are going to want to pay postage, or for the rust free windshield frame. Even if you paid before I shipped, you would probably want a refund. Hard to be a winner on glass.

davesgmc

you get the 820's there yet? needing/wanting a hood off one of them. could come out for the day and help pack/ship and oull parts for a day or so if you need.

Caveman-17

Last Thursday I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Glenn and getting a personal tour of the lot.
My son and I had a great time and found that Glen is an invaluable resource. After reading that some of you, when there, have so little time with Glen as he is usually quite busy, we felt privileged to spend over an hour with him.
We will be back (6 hr drive) soon for more pickings!
It was most definitely an honor and our great privilege to meet Glen. I know those of you that are closer do your best to support him, and rightfully so.
Thanks Glen!

91W350

Wow! Thanks!

We have 19 new 105s in and three pretty rough van trailers. The new dose of 900s and the two 820s have been released and should be here next week.

I got to spend some time in the debris with a few fellow SSers today and that was the highlight of my day. After helping with some 1100 Michelin XLs and a couple of other small items, I had to go back to the yard and start working breaks. But hey! At least I can escape and spend a little time with guys now. Things are looking up a little. Glen

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Glen again thank you for the help, Dave would not have gotten the shackle mounts without you and the Milwaukee. Nothing better than picking parts with folks who suffer for the same affliction! Got one of those fancy one handed M105 legs, us old guys need every advantage when hooking up trailers.

It was a busy day, started with a pu at Ft Riley, this is the load as we were getting ready to leave Glens. Some of the boxes in the front were packed with small parts, enough Mich 11X20's to single a duce, complete set of bows and sides for a M105, Bows and sides for a M923 all at bargain prices!

Attachments

Last edited:

davesgmc

OH MY and WHEWWWWWW! I just finally got a chance to sit down since visiting Glenn! and you arent kidding, WHAT A NICE GUY! I will certainly be back soon to get some more things. I saw some things out there and thought, that would be nice to ahve, but never went past the thought. Still wondering why I didnt just pull it and buy it.
Glenn, Myself and ELMO the truck appreciate your hospitality! I will be back sometime after the 800's get there. And if anyone in the KC area or on the way back needs anything, let me or mwmules know and we would be glad to suffle it back ot the KC area.

And yes, thanks again Glenn for helping with that bracket,,, I wouldda just gave up and walked away, Glad you came along! I owe ya lunch sometime!

Tascabe

As mentioned above - we had a long and rewarding day - with most of it spent at BFR.

Glen was as great a guy as everybody has been saying!

He took some time to come over and talk with us and help out before he had to go back to his real work :)

That lot is both wonderful and sad at the same time!

You see all the trucks and trailers that are not crushed and you are like a kid in a candy store.

Then you see the piles of trailer and trucks that have already been crushed - and your heart sinks.

But business, is business.

Can't save them all - but can get an A for effort by going out and getting what you can :)

Glen gave some great prices on the stuff we got. Only reason I did not buy more is the need to continue eating for the rest of the month :)

I will be going by there in a few weeks on my way out and back to CO.

I will gladly pick up and transport stuff for folks - I am going out to near Grand Junction, CO and starting/ending near St Louis, MO.

I have a 30ft gooseneck going pretty empty out and only an M37 coming back so...

Though I will for sure be getting some stuff for myself on the way back too :!:

Attachments

91W350

The five tons rolled in yesterday, four brave men on a Mission from Utah. They had some nice looking trucks, one with a gun ring, new in the box bow set and complete tool kit. They loaded up on a few parts, grabbed a few tires, left behind some sweat and blood, then boogied off to the west. I hear they made it to Hays anyway, then headed north through the high plains. I would imagine they are westbound on I80 this morning. I wish them safety in their journey. Glen

indy4x4fab

Banned
Hay glen, docfarmall is looking for a tan m105a2 cover. You think you might be able to help him out? He said he would settle for a green one if that's all you had.

davesgmc

I would like the hood off one of those 800 series 5 tons, one of them should be good still. maybe a few other odds and ends. Cant run out tomorrow, but maybe friday if i can rouse mwmules?
can pull any other parts for others while i am out there. (as long as they arent front shackle mounts,,,,lol)
might be intrested in an air cleaner assy or two if either 5 ton has them?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would like the hood off one of those 800 series 5 tons, one of them should be good still. maybe a few other odds and ends. Cant run out tomorrow, but maybe friday if i can rouse mwmules?
can pull any other parts for others while i am out there. (as long as they arent front shackle mounts,,,,lol)
might be intrested in an air cleaner assy or two if either 5 ton has them?
Got to have another fix, going out there Friday morning and should hit the yard around 09

jasonjc

Davesgmc and/or mwmules could I get one of you (if he has them) to pick up some windows out of an M820 or M129 trailer and bring them back this way and maybe down to D-Day next time you are down there? If so please and thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks