• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

91W350

Hay glen, docfarmall is looking for a tan m105a2 cover. You think you might be able to help him out? He said he would settle for a green one if that's all you had.
I have plenty of those bed covers, I have an ad here somewhere. Been getting 150 for a low mileage, formerly one owner, never been abused, except maybe on the way to church on Sunday.... includes shipping.

jasonjc

How many is some? We will give it a try, I know there we a couple there last week.

I need atleast 1 complete window assembly. As I'm missing one. Some of my other ones have broken cranks, but it mite be better easyer to try to find new ones from an RV place. As to try to get old one to work right again.

Thanks

davesgmc

MWmuules, remind me to look when we are out there. I would be glad to take it down to D-Day, when it cools off a bit I should be making a trip down there anyhow. Reminds me I also need to call Dewayne and see if he needs to buy a couple of gp small tents, as I have a pair up for sale.

91W350

Our four fearless recovery drivers and their M923 trucks have rolled through Cheyenne between 1400 and 1500. They hit the trail west and should be home tonight or tomorrow morning. All four trucks are reported to be running great. I am glad they did not need a parts stop, by the same token, I was happy to have that resource available for them. Anything mechanically they may have needed was available to be pulled at a reasonable cost. Especially since they were here with trade in weight. I hope the rest of their trip into Utah is blessed with safety. Glen

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The five tons rolled in yesterday, four brave men on a Mission from Utah. They had some nice looking trucks, one with a gun ring, new in the box bow set and complete tool kit. They loaded up on a few parts, grabbed a few tires, left behind some sweat and blood, then boogied off to the west. I hear they made it to Hays anyway, then headed north through the high plains. I would imagine they are westbound on I80 this morning. I wish them safety in their journey. Glen
Guessing I know who you are talking about. Truely great people, hopefully there's a future post coming up! :doghead:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Glen would you be apposed to me, sparky, mash_4077, and possible Durango_USMC making a trip out your way again here in the spring for a few parts again, and maybe making a couple back hauls as well for other members in the ohio and indiana area.

We are thinking leave friday and get out there in time to get ah hotel room for the night, hit the yard running saturday morning then go back to the hotel clean up sleep and then head home sunday morning.

Durango_USMC is looking for a m923 or m923a1.

Last edited:

91W350

It took a couple of days, but here is a quickie of those brave souls from Utah. 105 degrees plus and they are loading up on tires and parts. Glad they made it home safely. Glen

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQMiER0MV8&feature=youtu.be[/media]

davesgmc

HOLY KRIKEY! it was hot out there ion the yard today! took a small cutting torch to cut aq few bolts off this time. and it sure didint take much,,,,,because it was already like 300 degrees outside.
but as usual. Glen a great guy, picked up some parts for the elmo project to get it even closer to completion (it will NEVER be DONE)
also took my small honda generator and a 4 inch angle grinder with a cut off wheel, and BOY that would cut right though rusty nuts and bolts to get things off. Had the lil for ranger loaded down full on the trip back home. now to sit and relax in the A/C for a bit........

markmontana

It took a couple of days, but here is a quickie of those brave souls from Utah. 105 degrees plus and they are loading up on tires and parts. Glad they made it home safely. Glen
We had a great time hanging out with you Glen- even though 105 Kansas degrees is more like 125 Utah degrees.

With a few parts from the yard- and a lot of tires- we made the 1000 mile trip home with zero problems.

Thanks again Glen!!!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a great time hanging out with you Glen- even though 105 Kansas degrees is more like 125 Utah degrees.

With a few parts from the yard- and a lot of tires- we made the 1000 mile trip home with zero problems.

Thanks again Glen!!!
Dave,
Anytime you are headed East on a recovery, just PM and all the tools/tow bars/storage spaces are here for the asking. (great meeting you)
Jim

KsM715

Again, Glen deserves more credit than we give him.

I needed spare for my 101a2 and at less than a days notice Glen had one for me.

Even though I didnt end up needing it, It was nice to know I had it there. (This was the first real long distance trip with the trailer, 1400miles)

Thanks Glen.

davesgmc

I canot think of anyway to ever thank Glenn for all he does. Glenn, if you are ever down my way just let me know, you are more than welcome to stop by and take ELMO the truck out for a spin,,,and I will even buy you lunch/dinner.

KsM715

Guess I'm luck that I only live an hour away! Only problem is that I don't have any trucks to buy parts for:(

Who needs a truck to buy parts for? I was therepoking around once and scored some good tool boxes. Sometimes you never know whats in those trailers that Glen buys just to scrap.

91W350

No fire trucks, but I know of one. A gas deuce with front and rear winches.

We have some M923 trucks left. A couple of nice ones and many not so nice ones. Stop by and look around. Sometimes it is a little like Candyland. 8) Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks