• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

davesgmc

hey Glenn, you gonna make it out to Ft Riley this saturday for apple days? We are taking the ELMO truck, pulling a trailer with the ferret and a restored MUTT on it. Brett will also be up with his russian BTR 40 armored troop transport. Dont know what other historic military vehicles will be there, imagine quite a few and prolly even more current issue stuff to take a peek at too.

davey8943

Glen,

Any interest in banding just the transfer case and protective control box to a pallet for me? I'd be happy to make it worth your time (money would be better spent helping out an SS'er than putting it into the fuel tank of my pickup!)

If you have a few minutes, give me a call. (270) nine nine three - 0720

Thanks,
Dave

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Elmo has a hood!

This week's arrivals included some medical boxes, rifle racks, eight 813s and two 820s. I think I may finally have a decent hood for Elmo....
Thanks to Glen's eagle eye Elmo now has a hood. The stars aligned and Dave T and I both had a day off at the same time. After to a quick pause at Ft Riley GL for a PU of CBC mounting kits for the FMTV we were off to Salina for a day of parts pulling.
Got Elmo's new hood, door amd lots of nicks and also found in the back of one of the M820 two sets of NOS but dusty canvass duce cargo covers complete with ends! Bought one and left one out there for whoever. Took a couple of pictures of the "DEATH STAR" and then the 3 hour ride home.

Attachments

davesgmc

Another great trip out for more great parts. and as usual I always get home and think I should got a ______. Oh well, its only 4 hours away or so.
This trip neted me quite a few great itrems from some of the 800 series trucks out there. Found a good condition hood, and after i fought the bolts to get it off, found one in better condition already off and stored in the back of a truck,,,,,aint that the luck? oh well, another hood for someone else. got a drivers side door, a horn and some bows, corners and staves for the elmo truck. Now I gotta put all that stuff on. As usal Glenn was around a bit helping others and unloading one of the many truck with thousands of pounds of engine shipping containers. Glenn, you are gonna have to get away from there and come out and play sometime!

davesgmc

oh the Death Star! it was pretty pimp, had carpet on the inside of the rear box, looked like back in the day it was pretty nice!

Tankradio

Great thread

What a terrific thread !

Instead of spending the morning working on the M548 I spent it here on SS and mainly reading this thread and the accompanying pics.

I don't have an M Series truck but I still feel like flying over to the states, meeting Glen and spending a week just picking parts for others - just for the fun of it !

Would there be anything for M548's there ?

Cheers

Phill

91W350

Come on over, we have a spare bedroom and if you can get along with white German Shepherds and a 19 year old that knows everything... we could always use a story or two from down under. It was a busy day, nice to see the Dave and Dave show arrive, I always enjoy those guys!

We have 61,000 pounds of engines and crates arriving. They require mutilation, which will be sickening to watch. We use the lids in our business for containers, so we are hoping to save a few of those at least.

Two nice 915s arrived yesterday. One runs great, the other we have not tried to start yet. I am thinking one of those would be a great work truck....

Tankradio

Might just do it

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the invitation. Yes I will have some stories from my time in the Army, the Police Force and this hobby - 33 years worth.

I have to say I'm tempted. I'm already looking into sourcing second hand parts from other scrap yards for the M548 over there. A week spent dismantling green machines sounds like my idea of fun. Might have to wait until spring though...

Cheers

Phill

builderboy

It's been less than a month since i was at the most awesome place ever!!! It feels like forever!!

If I could talk my better half into letting me I would love to just show up and pull parts for others.

glenn- any new pics we need to see??? LOL

I love this place !!!!

MKD73

Well I finally made it out on Sunday. Glen is a great guy and very helpful! I saw a lot of cool stuff and of course left with some of it. I am already planning my second trip and just like most everyone else I left with a trailer!

Thanks for what you do!!

Augdog1964

5 Ton 900 Series Starter Switch

I'm in need of a working 5 ton 900 Series starter switch... I don't have to have the knob, just the interior switch...

Thanks!

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Glen,
I have written 5 PM's and have not heard back. Please let me know if you have the things.
I really need a hard top. Still need 4 t-bolts, need a fan clutch. Throttle cable and flat plate for dash
Thank you Glen, Please let me know.
Mark

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
parts

Glen,
I have written 5 PM's and have not heard back. Please let me know if you have the things.
I really need a hard top. Still need 4 t-bolts, need a fan clutch. Throttle cable and flat plate for dash
Mark

91W350

Glen, If one of the M915 winds up in pieces, I REALLY need the front bumper!
We have all four 915s running now, what an awesome truck! They pull our 70 ton baler around like nothing else in the fleet.... maybe not as fast.... Sorry, no parts trucks yet. There was some scuttle about pulling an engine out of one, if that happens, I will definitely PM you Ferro.

91W350

Glen,
Mark
I boxed up one 939 series hardtop and am not doing another. It is not worth the hassle, they are too easy to just sell out of the yard. What flat dash plate do you speak of?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks