• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

91W350

Do you have any 900 series spare tire holders in decent shape? Thanks, Jerry
Not this week. We should have 200 trucks coming soon. Any parts you need and are willing to pull will be very reasonable. We will be under staffed and working hard to process these. The iron market is poor at best right now. Glen

91W350

The first four of our latest truck purchase have rolled in. They are rough! They do not look like much, but I see some good in the mix. Two hardtops, two axles that should have Detroit Lockers. There are a few good G-177 tires and about four good Michelin 1400s. A set of troop seats..... the treasures are few on these two loads.

DSC02066.jpgDSC02067.jpgDSC02068.jpgDSC02069.jpg

MKD73

Will you watch for a good hard top? (all I need is the top, I have a good back with the window).
If those 14x20's were spares I can always use a couple more for my projects.

I won't make it out until the weekend after Easter.

Thanks Glen!!!

Rkrug

Put me down for a Fuel tank, should be coming through Wednesday or Thursday next week, if either of those days works.
Thanks!
Rk

91W350

Will you watch for a good hard top? (all I need is the top, I have a good back with the window).
If those 14x20's were spares I can always use a couple more for my projects.

I won't make it out until the weekend after Easter.

Thanks Glen!!!

Hi Matt, I think we still owe you that top. I have plenty of 1400s here now, some like new. Like always, you are welcome to come browse around the yard anytime. It is always nice to see you. Glen

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
All the trucks he is getting were sent to Ft Riley for the RSMS reset program which has since been canceled. Touring the lot out there they are from all branches of the service.
Also any of the trucks Glen gets in out there with low or flat tires get crushed with the trucks he only saves good ones.

91W350

MWMULES is correct. We leave tires that are flat or low enough to wrinkle the sidewall on the truck. We do have some flats in the stack though, from CTIS trucks. It seems like we break the valve stem or a fitting in our rush to get them off of the truck. I have offered before and will still do it, if you are headed to Riley to pick up a truck sitting on a flat, stop by the yard and get a good tire and wheel, rather than drive off on an aired up flat. I would rather give away a decent 1400 or two than have to hear on the radio that a surplus truck from Ft. Riley blew out a tire and injured a hobbyist or somebody else. I offered once through a PM to give a guy two front tires for his recovery, later I read where he blew a front tire and hit a bridge. We used to air up 1400s and flat tow a five ton home on a tow bar, several times we blew tires. We now just haul them on step decks, whether they run or not. It was pretty slick though to take a semi with two drivers, load two and drive two home. Glen

91W350

DSC02077.jpgDSC02080.jpgDSC02079.jpgDSC02078.jpgDSC02074.jpgDSC02073.jpgDSC02072.jpgDSC02075.jpgDSC02076.jpgDSC02081.jpg

They are rolling in! I lost track of the numbers, but we have three more Marine Corp trucks that should have lockers and a level wind winch came in today! I used to get requests for those all the time and seldom see one. It sure has a nice tight and cleanly wrapped spool!

91W350

DSC02082.jpgDSC02083.jpgDSC02084.jpgDSC02085.jpgDSC02086.jpgDSC02087.jpg

One box had a load of troop seats in it, I saw neatly folded bed covers in another. Several good hardtops. Some disappointing flat 1400s in both Goodyear and Michelin, a few more trucks loaded with G-177s, If you need G-177s, we have them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks