• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR's "new" m170

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
RE: BFR

I am hoping that the cj5 turns into parts or a welder suitable for bodywork on the ambulance...
CJ5 stats (because I didn't have anything better to do during my lunch)
1969(best I can tell)
v6 dual exhaust
t14
springover
rough floorboards
scary looking steering :shock:
38.5" devine (holy) tires

jasonjc

RE: BFR

I'm not shure if your M170 looks better than mine or not. I put a trap on mine 2 years ago and haven't seen it seens. To many other porjects. Good luck with it. They look good done up right.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: BFR

citizensoldier said:
Hi guys. Whats one of these M170's worth? Found one that drives, has canvas but needs to be restored. Could maybe get it for 2K.. Worth it if its a running unit?
I'd get it for $2K. M170s are worth a bit more than M38A1s, just more rare. If its a runner and in good shape, but with shot canvas, $2,000 is a deal....

BFR - what's that box on the back end of your M170? Looks like the radio box for the TRC-75 radio set. Can you get me pics? I've been looking for the radio case for a TRC-75 for several years....

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Re: RE: BFR

maddawg308 said:
BFR - what's that box on the back end of your M170? Looks like the radio box for the TRC-75 radio set. Can you get me pics? I've been looking for the radio case for a TRC-75 for several years....
sorry to get your hopes up, that is a "dog box" for hunting. when the jeep gets to me I'll take some better pics.

jasonjc

You are in the same boat as me, none of the seats or bracket/rails for the streachers:cry: Those will be the hardest thing to replace.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I agree BFR...but ya have to admit it was a pretty darn good job of butchery!!
I would just love the story behind that whole thingy. Maybe someone was gonna make a limo and was in the process of "stretching" the poor little jeepie??:roll:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep thinking of this project as doing an M151 restoration, on an M170!:wink: