• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bgt a tri-ex extendable mast radio trailer today

surfdog

Tri-Ex model AB-1309 portable radio tower

OK I actually bought two of them... both have two mep3 Gen sets each.

Anyone ever set one up?

Pics to follow.

surfdog

Pics of dataplate? Those are sweet.
Will post as soon as I pick them up. Went to inspect them last week but the person no showed to get me past the gate. Since it was a state emergency management site, I figured I probably shouldn't just jump the fence for a closer look as I suspect there were cameras I didn't see.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I googled the number, and got an answer of 115 feet. :drool:

I wonder what the guying requirements are, and whether one person can put it up alone? Yeah, google will probably answer that, too, but I'm lazy. :mrgreen:

Truckoholic

I googled the number, and got an answer of 115 feet. :drool:

I wonder what the guying requirements are, and whether one person can put it up alone? Yeah, google will probably answer that, too, but I'm lazy. :mrgreen:
Dang it! Yeah, if one guy could put that up and it didn't require any serious guying, that would make one heck of a field day or just mountain top DX fun setup! Just pull it around with you wherever you want to operate from. I am betting that it has hydraulics or something to erect the tower. Even if it required a lot of guy wires, that would be a heck of a tower to just park near your house and put your antennas on it and put it up and leave it there. 115 feet would get me up above all these 80 foot pine trees I'm surrounded by.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Yeah, it'd probably make a great home tower, too. I'm presently hanging my dipole from a GRA-4 mast at around 40'. I made new rigging with dacron rope, swaged-on loop ends, stainless hardware, and screw-in ground anchors. It's survived some really strong wind storms without any problems. I'd like to put up a crank-up mast or tower someday, but that portable "temporary" mast is working just fine in the mean time.

Truckoholic

My camera was not wanting to take a very good picture the other day, but my tower consists of three really tall pine trees with dacron rope shot up through the branches with an air cannon, suspending my Buckmaster inverted V off center fed multi band dipole with the center about 50-60 feet off the ground. It works really good, but I have just about talked to more foreign countries from my Chevy Suburban with just a little ham stick equivalent vertical. So I am really wanting to put up a big vertical HF antenna up high on a tower probably one that doesn't require radials so I don't have to mess with elevated radials clear up there.

2012-04-01_18-35-23_759.jpg

2012-03-30_16-42-45_792 (Medium).jpg

Truckoholic

powtel03.jpg

General Factory Specifications

• 3 Tecom AZ/EL Mounts for 3ft Dish on top of some units may not be working or have been removed
  • Built By Tri-Ex Towers in Late 80's for the US military
  • 48 inches across the base of the tower face at the base.
  • Can be raised to any height up to 114' with 1200 lbs. payload
  • Hook tow able with air over hydraulic brakes but not a highway speed
  • Hydraulic Mast tilt
  • Positive control pay-out and recovery reel system
  • Complete Operations Manual with unit
  • Flat Bed Truck or Rail Car Shippable
Dimensions

• Height, Transport Mode ..................................98.0 inches
  • Height Tilted but nested....................................30 feet
  • Height, fully extended ......................................114 ft
  • Trailer width ....................................................8 feet
  • Trailer length ....................................................30 feet
  • Trailer hitch height ............................................29 - 33 inches
  • Weight Overall .................................................12,000 pounds (apx)
  • Erection system ................................................Two stage electric
  • Wind survival ....................................................97 mph

Tower Rentals, Portable up to 155' , Trailer Mounted Tower - For Sale and Rental

surfdog

Pics of dataplate? Those are sweet.

No dataplate pics yet -- called to pay for them today and the billing / payment computer system is down until the end of the week and they won't take my payment until then.

And of course can't pick them up w/o the Paid in Full invoice......

This is almost as bad as when you gotta wait for the EUC to clear Battle Creek.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks