• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

big.....Bigger.....BIGGEST

Rgdl

I finally had a chance to get all three trucks together in one shot. I'm still missing my Suzuki Samurai rockcrawler which is torn down for a complete rebuild right now. That one would obviously get parked at the left of this photo and be labelled as 'puny'.:D

I love how the M818 dwarfs a Superduty with 6" lift and 37" tires. I often get sarcastic comments from people when I drive the Hummer or the Superduty such as....."could you get a bigger truck?"

The answer.....YES fat lady sings

Attachments

Truckoholic

Ha ha I love it! Yes, I have always been a BIG vehicle lover. People always harass me about driving such big things. But little do they know, I wish I was driving something even BIGGER!! My M813 is cool, but would be so much better with the 16.00 R20 tires I want to put on it. But what I really want is an M911.

area52

And whats funny... the biggest one is probably the least expensive and can haul the most!! ( and the most fun to drive at least for me!)

Rgdl

And whats funny... the biggest one is probably the least expensive and can haul the most!! ( and the most fun to drive at least for me!)
So true. My M818 had a 2006 military overhaul and only had 1150 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. Everything on this truck is like brand new and works flawlessly. I paid $7,500, plus another $1,800 for the tires and wheels. When I think about what else I might have spent that money on I get visions of a '90s era pick-up with rust and 300,000 on the ticker.

This truck is built so beefy that it will last me the rest of my life the way I'll use it. I'll never tow 80,000 lbs with it and I won't be driving it every day obviously.

My goals for this truck in no particular order:

- remove 5th wheel attachment
- install bed from a Unimog 404 I recently scrapped (USA meet Germany)
- run the exhaust behind the cab (not sure if I'll go two stacks or single)
- rig up some sort of crane/hoist between the cab and bed to lift and drop the spare tire in case of a flat. Would also help lift any other heavy item I may need to haul.
- make bed into a dump configuration
- figure out a way to install a 12-volt alternator to run all LED lights and power for stereo, CB, GPS etc.

It might be scorned upon but I want to use the the Unimog bed because 1- I have it, 2- it's the perfect length at 10 ft, 3- it has flip-down sides.

As for the 12-volt alternator.....is anyone making a kit for this yet? I know there's one for the multi-fuel engine in the Deuce.

Bighurt

I always get the "wow that's a big truck" when people see my stock height F350 with a full size bed and a crew cab I suppose they are right. But I refer to it as my little truck!

RealCavDog

That is a pretty great shot of the 3, and really puts a size perspective on the differences !

Maybe add the Samurai, and then one of those mini Nissan/Daihatsu micro trucks !

kastein

I don't care for the hummer but it's your money :beer:

Nice 818!

People always ask me if my 5 ton is compensating for something. I generally tell them it's more of a complement than compensation... :evil: and that it cost less than the down payment on their truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks