• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Boy GMC home

tcody

Finally arrived today! It's a GMC 7000 wrecker so a little different than the regular mil wreckers. Have not had a chance to go through it, but looks to be in good shape all original and basically unused. Special thanks to all the Idaho members who offered to help me with loadout - I really appreciate it. Any info on this truck would be appreciated. Not too much on the web.
Regards,
Cody

Attachments

Last edited:

tcody

Thanks everyone for the comments. I have to give credit to Brent and crew at GSA in Boise Idaho. They were extremely helpful and friendly. Easy to reach and overall the best auction experience I have had. It was my first purchase on GSA and would rec. GSA to anyone.

eldgenb

Looks like you have all the room in the world to track down a crew cab and fill that huge gap! would be a somewhat simple change as well. That is if you want a crew cab as well.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My guess is that was a Temporary Motor Pool (TMP) wrecker used to recover support trucks for a garrison.

Most big posts had heavy trucks to move suppiles or pull "Cattle Cars" if it was a Basic Training post.

As a rule you never saw them hooked to a tactical vehicle or belonging to an active duty unit.

This was before GSA took over all the civilian motor pools on military installations.

tcody

My guess is that was a Temporary Motor Pool (TMP) wrecker used to recover support trucks for a garrison.

Most big posts had heavy trucks to move suppiles or pull "Cattle Cars" if it was a Basic Training post.

As a rule you never saw them hooked to a tactical vehicle or belonging to an active duty unit.

This was before GSA took over all the civilian motor pools on military installations.
The green paint on the door is covering up a US NAVY and Seabee insignia.