• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Brother to the rescue

poppop

Had a flat on the M151 couple of days ago and had to hitch a ride home. Good excuse to use the wrecker. May be over kill but I had fun. Still learning about pictures so I hope this works.

M35guy

M1075 said:
Wow, just a little difference is size. Next time, you could just pick the whole thing up!
Yup. I thought of that picture with the wrecker holding that whole little honda up in the air.

poppop

I thought about lifting the whole thing but to much rigging. Fixing the flat was no big deal, I could stand up to do it and also replaced the rubber brake line while the wheel was off.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
poppop,
If you need help with resizing pictures, send me an email and I'll try to help. What type of software are you using to resize the pix with?

Worst case, send them to me, I'll resize them so they can be a little bigger and send them back.

jim

whiterivr@msn.com

M35guy

looks real cool to me. The wrecker is running obviously.(yes I know I have a habit of stating the obvious.)
love to see this stuff doing the work it was built for.

poppop

I have two real good doors thanks to Rdixiemiller and a new soft top thanks to e-bay. Haven't had time to put them on yet. The guy I bought the truck from had robbed parts for other trucks he sold. But for $2500.00 for the wrecker I almost feel like I robbed him. :D

poppop

No, I did not. He had lost his lease on his shop building and needed this stuff moved. And to help him out more I also gave him $2500.00 for the five ton dump truck. His prices, I did not even try to get him to lower his price. :D :D :D :D :D

m.walker

Man talk about at the right place at the right time ! congrats on the double score ( even if I'm a little jealous ) But at least you were nice enough to not dicker on the price huh ? I guess I can keep looking for an old wrecker cheap , here's proof there still out there !

poppop

dump truck

I have already done this once and lost it all but am trying again. The is the dump truck i got. It did not run and took liberal doses of PB blaster and some manual manipulation of the throttle shaft to get it freed up. This is the shaft in the injector pump. It had sat so long the shaft had seized. When started it ran wide open and the guy killed it with the shut down cable. The shaft would not go back in the other direction so no fuel to the pump. Once freed it ran great and has rebuild tags on the engine, trans and all axles. He had robbed some parts for other trucks but I bought a duece with blown motor for $600.00 to get the hard top and doors. I sold the rest to rdixiemiller for a project truck which he has not mentioned yet. Pictures follow if this works.
It worked!!!! :D :D :D

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dump trucks are just cool. Great score Lloyd. Thanks for selling that truck to RDM. I'm probably going to end up with the turbo from it. WooHoo!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks