• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big challenge for Medlog and others

vtdeucedriver

Hey John,

I will give you a call later in the week, if your around on friday, I will make the time!!! Guess we really got alot to chat about now. Ive been busy trying to get my lil project on the road for memorial day.

Attachments

Bozor1000

Wow that is an interesting story. Iwould have given up after they wouldn't let me rail the thing out of the base. That is an impressive piece of history!

N3Nflyer

Hi Jeff, I thought that was your handle in the SS members list. Nice jeep! You still have a open invitation to swing by. I'll be up in Chicago this weekend but will be back the following weekend. We do have a lot to talk about.
John

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I really like it! My wife was even impressed. Probably would have been cheaper to have had your competetior bumped off.

I get a pass on this one because technically it was USAF after the database came into being. LOL

steelandcanvas

medlog said:
I really like it! My wife was even impressed. Probably would have been cheaper to have had your competetior bumped off.

I get a pass on this one because technically it was USAF after the database came into being. LOL
Wiggled your way out of that one! :lol:

N3Nflyer

Medlog, with as much good info you give SS members, you deserve a pass.

Well the only clue I have to find the assigned unit in SAC is the name hand painted on one door. The guys assigned to the railcar must have called themselves the "Wandering Zulus" then emblazoned it on their home away from home.

Melvinitis

Simply unbelievable. my wife is driving me nuts three months into waiting for the SF 97, can not imagine your wife's patience in getting your car home in two years!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Odds are better than average that I have interior and exterior photos of this type car when built. If these will help you drop me an email or PM and I'll try to dig them out. If I don't have them, I can tell you who does.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great Story and by far the biggest challenge yet of any of the Steel Soldiers that I know of. I really like what you have done to preserve the wonderful equipment of the WW II days hats off to you.

N3Nflyer

I don't know Dave I think dma251's HEMTT project could give me a run for the money, He is doing a beautiful job.
And yes WWII is of great interest to me. We as Americans owe our freedom and way of life to the men, women, and machines of the time.
So occasional i'll pick up a WWII item that some how strikes a cored in me. One of my prized items in my collection is the Norden Bomb sight and all its associated components. It is an amazing peace of history.