• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Military rally in Indiana September

wilco

Big Indiana MVPA rally September 17-18-19

Will will have many, many vehicles outside as will as the large indoor Ropkey museum collection.

Several aircraft are expected at our grass strip, as well as large scale RC war birds.

We even hope to have some Schwimmwagens in the pond!

We will have free vender space available.

driving trails , primitive camping area. many hotels and koa camping 10 miles away.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! WILCO .[thumbzup]

http://indianamvpa.com/Documents/2010%20IMVPA%20Rally%20Flyer.pdf

www.ropkeyarmormuseum.com

If you call for info please call from 8 am to 7 pm. Thanks

L999here

...my eyes...?

Maybe it's my eyes....but I can hardly read the text. Got to the web site OK though. Have never been there,but have heard about it thru other collectors. Thank you for the info...could you change the color of the text...?

joeinaforest

This is cool!

I will plan to be there....can you post the hours for the event in september? I failed to get that detail off of the link for the flyer or the website.

Thank you!

Joe

L999here

...better...

That's better...thank you. Thought I was going blind. Called...left message. If there are free spaces for display, might bring my APC down for a showing. It will be her first MV show....LOL....

L999here

...anybody...?

Since I'm on one of the main north/south roads in South Bend,IN (#31),anyone like to convoy down to Crawfordsville...? Plan on leaving Thur afternoon 16 Sep...arrive early evening in time to do preliminary set-up and get motel room/eat. Let me know....(800) 380-4867....as I could use another driver....Len

Last edited:

recon

I've been to Ropkey's a few times. It is a great place. There is a really big Viet Nam veterans' reunion the same weekend just outside of Kokomo.

wilco

hotels & info

http://indianamvpa.com/Documents/RBG_201008_alt.pdf

The host Hotel is Crawfordsville Holliday Inn Express. Will give discount if you
mention the rally.

Quality Inn is the overflow hotel.

Friday and Saturday 9-6
Sunday 9-2

No charge for MV display or driver.

No live fire arms or open gun sales.

Primitive camping available.

We have some jeep trails .

Also some good country roads for fun run.

Indiana MVPA Rally and Swap Meet Friday & Saturday 9AM-5PM; Sunday 9AM-2PM. $5 daily/$10 weekend admission; display vehicle, current military (with ID), and VN Reunion (with wristband) Free. Special Rally rates available at the Holiday Inn Express in Crawfordsville, or call 1-765-323-4575. If HIE is full, contact the Quality Inn in Crawfordsville for special Rally rates, or call 1-765-362-8700.
Ropkey Armor Museum Contact Fred & Lani Ropkey; 765-794-0238, info@ropkeyarmormuseum.com.

L999here

..decent rate..

Just spoke w/Lynnette at Quality Inn and she approved a rate of $60 @ night for any MV people attending the Ropkey MV meet. Just mention 'Ropkey MV' event. Contact #(765) 362-8700....very nice lady and very helpful.

L999here

...btt

Just a 'bump-to-the -top' and asking again if there is anyone who wishes to 'convoy' down to Crawfordsville on Thursday...16 Sep...?

Last edited:

L999here

...BTT...for Ropkey..

Anyone N.,E. or W. need to convoy....? Need to pick up anyone on the way down thru Kokomo on #31 to #32...? Hope to see you there....!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks