• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

big problem. need any kind of help

biggen

1 big problem, and 1 small... frist off when changing belts on nhc 250 loosen water pumb and both wide bolt broke off right at thread. i am pretty sure easy out not going to cut it and hoping not to drill out and re thread, any help . i mean any help would make my day go better........then 2nd i cant find anyone the carry the water pumb belt nor a copper gasket, any one know where i can by them at ? thanks.... likei said any help what so ever would help me out

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
try slacks truck parts here on gainesville for the pump ring, good bet belts as well, there is a cummins parts as well as a few good BIG truck dealers in town also

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yep, pull the rad, then if you can, weld a nut to the broken bolt/bolts, weld INSIDE the nut to the top of the bolt, should with the heat/weld be able to turn them out, then CHASE ALL the bolt holes, a LOT of anti-seize on the RING and the BOLTS on install

Last edited:

biggen

now how would i do this ...weld in (sorry pic is no where near the best) the only bolt that you can see that broke off is right side middle. the left side middle in there pretty good. the right side in the block about 1/4 in. and left side middle in there real good.......so how would i do the weld with those? if i can even do it still

Attachments

jwaller

I'd just lay a nut as close as you can get it to the broken bolt and weld thru it. Has worked for me very well in the past.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
get some LEFT HAND drill bits,, both are weldable, make sure there is no kids around, other wise they may LEARN bad words

Last edited:

ODdave

Both easy extractions if you are a good welder. I use this method on all of the aluminum head engines I work on. Mostly exhaust studs on triton ford engines and have never had one refuse to come out and I can say I have easily done over 150 studs. For the one below the surface use a mig to biuld up the shank on the bolt untill it starts to protrude from the hole, then set a nut on it and as said fill in the hole. Keep in mind your gonna need the welder hot so it all flows together for a strong weld.

KEEP IN MIND, Once you weld it your not gonna drill it , so make the decision you are comfortable with the first time.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would squirt some PB Blaster on the bolt wait ten minutes and then drill it if you go that route.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks