• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big problems - my shaking was a broken crankshaft!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HB is some what press fit, it’s not a matter of if it will fail, but when.
its not for alignment for any sort of timing, other than its location for reference.
its does serve as a form of anti-rotation, but the woodruff key is made to shear.
it could last forever or till something creates enough force to impact the repair....in any event, it’s cheaper than the
alternative.The pulley and belts are what creates any undue rotational force.
run it till she blows I always say...

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We all fix things differently, and opinions vary in numbers equivalent to as many a$$holes are out there, so bottom line is that I’m super happy you fixed this in a way that worked for you.

Ultimately I felt you were going to trash a potentially good motor. I’m happy you didn’t trash it just yet.

Enjoy not just the truck, but also the moneys you saved by keeping your engine.

Best

T

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We all fix things differently, and opinions vary in numbers equivalent to as many a$$holes are out there, so bottom line is that I’m super happy you fixed this in a way that worked for you.

Ultimately I felt you were going to trash a potentially good motor. I’m happy you didn’t trash it just yet.

Enjoy not just the truck, but also the moneys you saved by keeping your engine.

Best

T
the fix he used is one many have used...loctite makes some excellent epoxies for just such an occasion
an old 6.2 is not worth much in respects for what you can get a good running takeout for.
motors are an easy drop in fix, even for the shade tree mechanic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks