• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big rear winches

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking to add a rear winch to my military Mack RD822sx.

I've got a M936 45k drag winch already mounted on one of our civilian KWs and it's not very handy. It's just too slow, especially paying off cable.

I'm wondering if one of the winches off of say a HET works better? I've never used one but from videos I've seen they are faster. Do any of the larger military winches have a free wheel option? I just want to go with some sort of Hyd winch that has decent speed. I mainly want to use this winch to operate the neck of our M870 trailer and other odd jobs.

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if it is anything that would be relevant - but I have a large Garwood winch I am not using - pto/chain drive drum with two capstans - one on each end of the drum. It's about 40"+- wide. I have seen these on antique logging trucks.
Would be easy to power by hyd motor instead of the remote chain. I'll get pics later (I need to move it one way or another!).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks