• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big tires on the 915 series

reb87

What wheels do I need to put the 46 or 52 inch supersingles on my M919? I think I remember m1075 saying that he was having trouble with the rims hitting on the brake drums or something.
1075, do you have wheels and tires that will work on my M919?
Thanks, Ross

Attachments

M1075

reb87 said:
What wheels do I need to put the 46 or 52 inch supersingles on my M919? I think I remember m1075 saying that he was having trouble with the rims hitting on the brake drums or something.
1075, do you have wheels and tires that will work on my M919?
Thanks, Ross
Ross, you are going to want to run HEMTT wheels and 16R20 tires. I have a few sets mounted up and ready to go. You may need to machine the front hubs a little for clearance.

Attachments

Jones

I used Budd 10.00X20 wheels on the 5 ton axles under the baby HEMTT and have no problems with clearance. There's a drwg. (mislabeled 11.00X20) in the Library in the tech. articles section.

reb87

Yes it has the 16 speed, its kind of odd to shift but Im getting used to it. The 5 speed in my m944a1 is a lot more user friendly but the 919 dosent have a low range so I guess that is why it has so many gears . I dont like the warning not to let it get below 1100rpm in gear. I feel panicky when I stop the truck and find my self counting to 12 seconds....
Ross

cundupa

I think they want you to shift to a lower gear if it gets below 1100 as not to lug the engine? not sure myself. When you stop , lift up the shifter to return it to 4th gear or where ever you start from, don't need to downshift every gear. Just found that out tonite!

reb87

No its not about lugging the engine, the tm manual says transmission damage will occur if rpm below 1100 rpm for 12 seconds because the transmission clutch disengages under 1100rpm. You can lift up the shifter to start in 6th gear if empty and skip one gear up to 11th then shift each gear to 16th. When stopping you can lift the shifter and go all the way to n if you want to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks