• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big toys or money makers?

DO you make money with your OD Iron?

• I use mine everyday.

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Part TIme.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Never.

Votes: 48 52.7%
  • Cash only and don't tell the tax man!

Votes: 22 24.2%

• Total voters

AKJEEP

An M35 makes a wonderful moose hunting rig. I haul 3 atvs in the back along with all the camp gear and supplies waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out into the boonies. Seems the rougher the terrain, the nicer the ride hehe

midcounty

1970 M35A2 is used as a landmark in front of the ammo shop....and a tax write-off.
:ditto: I just got my first M35A2, and it's going to be my rolling advertisement for my gun shop. I also plan to use it to transport my guns and gear to and from the range and gun shows.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1008 is my daily driver. My M54A2 was used for several years so that my friend Tim could trailer his M16 half track to the two yearly mv meets in northern CA.
ie Tower Park
I'll also be using it to move to Eureka,NV and build a home. Along with my XM211/M108 crane truck.
Bruce

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have had one in an independent film (no money but got screen credit as "Deuce Wrangler" and "Military Vehicle Stunt Driver").

I am registered with the Alabama Film Commission as a "Military Vehicle Propmaster".

I go pick up stuff for folks at GL locations near me.

I hauled several loads of dirt for myself last week (saved enough hauling cost to buy several more loads).

I have used the "Yard Deuce" to make scrap runs and to pick up free stuff that no one else could haul off.

My biggest money pits were the M816 and the M915...the cost of keeping them tagged and insured was eating my lunch so they had to go.

Sometimes I just drive one to Wally-world or Lowes for the fun of it.

undysworld

For years, I've operated my deuce as my farm truck. I also drive my Pinzgauer most days, for any sort of utility functions. However, due to the soon-to-go-into-effect law here in Wis, the deuce will soon be kicked off the road. Then I'll hang it with a SMV sign and operate it as an implement of husbandry under Wis. law.

I'll keep operating the Pinz like normal, except that I'll soon have to wear "collector" plates on it. ?? BTW, the Pinz law here went into effect yesterday!

All you guys actually able to legally 'use' your trucks reinforces my conviction that Wis.'s new parade-truck law is wrong. Fight to maintain those rights, guys.

Paul

APM215

Friday I hauled a load of logs to the saw mill, Saturday I moved a trampoline, some other kid's toys and a play ground, Sunday I moved a hot tub. All for cash.

kastein

I've made a few movies, been paid everything from one case of cokes on one movie (indie) to more than I had in all my trucks on another (Paramount has deep pockets).

Cheers
That's pretty awesome! What'd you do with the money, double the collection? :D

Haven't made any money yet... but I'm gonna go with "cash only and don't tell the tax man". There is a good chance Taxachusetts will make me register the M54 as a commercial vehicle due to its size (since it's titled as a '90 Mack I can't go for antique plates yet) so I'll be looking for side jobs and stuff to pay the registration/insurance costs.

OSO

I bought my M328 to do fencing around the farm . Have 15 head of cattle , 80 acers only have to fence about only 30 acers, just next to road and down the fence line . Just have to give it up now times are tough. It's on craiglist tonight in Seattle location.auaauaaua

rattlecan6104

I havent used mine for money making purposes, but have pulled out cars out of ditches, and even a stuck backhoe in a mud hole, I have used it to haul material on an offroad park while doing volunteer work to keep it open, I have my 4X4, so the deuce mainly serves as a work truck, but it is still a toy.

Marcel

I'm using my M51A2 to move material (dirt & rocks) on my property, so I am saving money. It is not registered.

TadB

I bought my M818 about a year ago. None of the wrecker services around where i live have a wrecker that they will get down in the woods with. Atleast 3-4 times a month im doing recoveries. Whether it be hunters(from atlanta) stuck or high school kids playing. Once i get a call, i tell them wait two hours and if they are still stuck call me back. When i first started doing it, on several occasions I'd get headed toward where I was going and they'd call and say hey we got it out we dont need you anymore. And I wont leave the house for less than $150 on a recovery. The truck has more that paid for itself.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks