• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BIG TRUCK

FrankUSMC

A little side note on this truck as I see them every day at work. They are so big, they even have a ladder built into the tail gate so you can get in the back from ground level. The ladder folds down from the tail gate.
One of the few, Frank

Hookin1

okay i figured it out......4ft side extension on the driveway.....30 ft lenght extension.....and someone to drive it backwards up the lane ....so i can stand in the back and trim the tree limbs rofl

littlebob

I saw the opening in the rear to stow a ramp or ladder in the rear of the truck but it was empty. Do they use a ladder or ramp like U-Haul. When I was looking at the height of the bed I was thinking , you'd need a thirty foot ram to try and roll anything into it.
the ladder just for boarding makes much more sense

Attachments

pistolnut

That thing is huge! I've seen pictures of them in magazines and on Mail Call, but putting Hannah next to one or a HUMMVW for scale makes a big difference. For reference, most civilian semi-tractors are classed as 5 tons.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will try to find a digital picture of the US Army 7 ton Mack that was fielded as previously mentioned to haul the 155mm Long Tom canon. I have a book the Vehicles of theUS Army in World War II that shows the vehicle towing the canon in contrast with a jeep towing a 75mm light canon the contrast is amazing just like that with the new Marine 7 ton and the HMMWV.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and say a prayer for all our Troops on point for freedom worldwide

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So have they had any roll-over issues with the 7-tons and green GI drivers. Just curious how the IFS does with panic stops and over-corrections on the hard road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks