• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

big winch

JDToumanian

If my duece gets in a situation were it won't make it up the mountain i want to know i have plenty of winching power to drag it up and over the obsticle and not worry about sheering the pin i keep reading about thanks.
I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of putting a huge winch on your truck, but the 10k winch, properly rigged, will pull a fully loaded deuce up any terrain without any problem or shearing the pin. Remember that you can (should) use snatch blocks to double / quadruple the capacity of the stock deuce winch. This is why snatch blocks are a BII for winch trucks. I haven't read it yet myself, but I believe there is a TM on vehicle recovery available for download here on SS.

Regards,
Jon

sermis

rizzo said:
a hydro motor bolts right to it.

depending on where your putting it it might be very akward to mount.

also that winch only has a 1/2 inch cable. Which is not an upgrade from a stock deuce winch.
Will that hydro motor work on a regular 5 ton winch? What would be needed to attach the hydro motor to the winch? I am wanting to add a winch to the rear of my M35 and this would make it a lot easier than running another PTO drive line to the rear and chains.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Massm35a2 said:
I have the winch from a 5 Ton on the front of my Deuce. It was on there when I bought it. I love the look. I still have to get around to hooking up the hydraulics.
I'm into different applications of the Black Out Driving Light at the moment and I'm wondering about yours, does it illuminate the winch/bumper or the ground ? Looks marginal.

I just received a BO light from Armyman30yearsplus (David) and will be doing some experimenting with the xm757.

Thanks,

Attachments

spicergear

I have one of the PTO style 20,000 5 ton truck Garwoods on the nose of my duece. These winches are VERY large and make the deuce 10K winch look on the small side. Because of my V8 CAT engine swap that is a shorter in length than the multifuel engines I was able to move the winch into the truck by another 4-5 inches. I extended the frame only around 7" total. It tucked in very nicely that way as I moved the radiator back by about it's full thickness.

Massm35a2

cranetruck said:
Massm35a2 said:
I have the winch from a 5 Ton on the front of my Deuce. It was on there when I bought it. I love the look. I still have to get around to hooking up the hydraulics.
I'm into different applications of the Black Out Driving Light at the moment and I'm wondering about yours, does it illuminate the winch/bumper or the ground ? Looks marginal.

I just received a BO light from Armyman30yearsplus (David) and will be doing some experimenting with the xm757.

Thanks,
It Illuminates the ground but, I do see some of the light reflect on the inside of the bumper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks