• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

biggest pintel trailer (aka pintle,pintail,pinal,pinto,etc)

my new hobby

I am trying to find out what the largest pintel hitch trailer is. I am wanting to be able to haul m900 series trucks on it but i dont want to buy a tractor. Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On it or with it? Do you have a truck now?

Don't forget the weight of the trailer.

What do you need to move, how often, what terrian, do you have a CDL?

my new hobby

On it, recovery
No cdl.
I am wanting to use a duece to recover m900 series trucks. I can find civvy trailers for like $10k. But I was Wondering if/what the military had on that can be had cheaper.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No military trailers for that use. Nothing close to a civilian equipment trailer.

Your gonna need a CDL for this type of load (truck/trailer combo).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do realize your talking about pulling approx 30000 to 32000lbs behind a Deuce?

And, the air compressor is not rated for that type of use.

Last edited:

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
30,000 lbs, plus with a pintle! WOW. You know, there are some jobs that regardless how bad you want to do them cheaply you have to realize that there is no way to do so safely. This is a job for people with experience in moving not only heavy loads but heavy WHEELED loads that, if not secured properly, can become a 30,000 lb. run-a-way vehicle. That is why the experienced people that are qualified to do this work have CDL licenses. And the correct, and expensive, equipment.

Rick

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few trailers I'd look into:

M345 10-ton trailer
M989A1 HEMAT 11-ton trailer

They are NOT going to have a 15-ton rating you are looking for, but they are heavy enough to handle heavy stuff. For recovering 5-ton trucks, I'd recommend flat towing behind another 5-ton truck, or have a pro with a lowboy trailer and a semi truck. I don't see what you need being out there in terms of a pintle-hitch trailer.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With as many as are coming out of the Indy truck center lately you should be able to find one you can drive home if you preview .

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Title edited for, well you know who you are.:oops:

Last edited:

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man I would not want to keep that thing in tires!!! I figure those fronts will last 5,000 miles if not doing any city driving. And you better have a healthy air brake system.