• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BigMike's deuce gets finishing touches

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am finally rounding the corner, or is it coroner :lol: , finishing my deuce. I finished painting the troop seats, the rear bumper markings and other final touches. I figured I'd take a few pics before she gets all dirty :roll:

Here are a few pics from the para-military training grounds....enjoy

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: BigMike

Outstanding! :beer: Great job, Mike. And nice avatar.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: BigMike

WOW Mike, looks great! Does she run as good as she looks??

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

WillWagner said:
WOW Mike, looks great! Does she run as good as she looks??
She runs great. I need to get a descent ride under my belt to be sure. I also couldn't find a broken spring so I guess I'm just a bit paranoid. I'm looking forward to gettin' her out for some serious road work.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks great!
For driving, take it a short trip at a time untill you gain confidence and learn to work on anything on it (bring tools).

bigmike said:
........ I also couldn't find a broken spring so I guess I'm just a bit paranoid..
Guess I missed this one, what spring?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told you once - I'll tell you again! STOP MAKING US ALL LOOK BAD BY DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB ON YOUR TRUCK! :) No really, awesome job, man!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

cranetruck said:
Looks great!
For driving, take it a short trip at a time untill you gain confidence and learn to work on anything on it (bring tools).

bigmike said:
........ I also couldn't find a broken spring so I guess I'm just a bit paranoid..
Guess I missed this one, what spring?
Cranetruck,

I thought I had a broken spring on the front axle because it looked like the truck was 6" lower on the passenger side than the driver's side. I couldn't find see any broken springs and once I got her on level ground, there was only about 1/2" difference from driver's side to passenger's side.

Armada

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

I really like the look of your truck Mike! Who would have thought that color combination would look so good together! Beautiful work!
I still owe you some pics, I haven't forgot. I'm having trouble with my server and can't upload.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

Armada said:
I really like the look of your truck Mike! Who would have thought that color combination would look so good together! Beautiful work!
I still owe you some pics, I haven't forgot. I'm having trouble with my server and can't upload.
I figured Uncle sam will throw green parts on tan trucks all day long so I might as well build on the idea and take it up a notch.

BSH

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

Just for cruel curiosities sake, roughly how many man-hours are in this attractive product?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

BSH said:
Just for cruel curiosities sake, roughly how many man-hours are in this attractive product?
I kept track of progress by taking lots of pictures but I also should have kept a time log. I started this project around 1/1/07. I worked about 25 hrs a week on the truck just about every week. That would be roughly 1000 hours labor. Most time was spent sanding the never ending layers of paint.