• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bilstein part numbers

chesapeake

I have searched, but can't find my answer. I have/picking up a M1028. I know it is going to need new shocks. Seems a lot of ya'll like Bilstein. I am going to add zero rates to the front (to help level the truck) and a add some larger tires. I can't find a definite part number for stock shocks or up to 1" of lift. I can find the part number for 2"-2.5" of lift. Would those work ok?

richingalveston

On the front you will need extended shock mounts even with lift. look at ORD or DIY4x4, (ORD sells a ford front shock mount that you have to cut to length) thats where I got my bilsteens and the extended upper shock mounts. I do not beleive bilsteen makes a stock length shock for the vehicle that does not have a remote resevoir and thus they do not have a part number for that size. To use bilsteens you will need some lift and extended mounts in front. rear mounts are ok but it is recomended to move the rear mounts to the top of the axle tube. Using longer than needed shocks normally will not work because they will bottom out before you get to your bump stops.

sschaefer3

You need at least 2-2.5" of lift to run the Bilstein 5100. The Ford Shock Tower is part Number: E5TZ-18183-A

They are only 15 bucks or so each at a Ford Dealer.

No the 2-2.5 shocks will not work as you will over compress them and squish the guts out.

chesapeake

So if Bilstein doesn't make a stock shock and I don't have a lift, whose shock do ya'll recommend? With stock shocks and I am still going to need the tower/extensions? Is the 1"zero rate going to stop me from being able to use stock shocks?

sschaefer3

Stock shocks use the stock mounts. Don't have a recommendation on stock shocks, but do you really need the zero rate? Seems to complicate things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks