• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bio - Diesel

eric_banks32

over time it will break down the rubber in the fuel system. If you replace the hoses with Viton or similar and keep a spare filter on board it would be fine. Theres an alternative fuel section on this site that would yield more info

stampy

The above is not true for biodiesel from the PUMPS as it is up to ASTM standards and neutral pH. HOWEVER it will clean ALL the crap out of your tank and you will most likely plug your filter immediately. Just so you know. Any biodiesel made at home is likely NOT washed thus not neutral pH and is very basic and thereby will cause removal of all rubber components it touches over time. New viton lines are recommended for your truck anyway. If you replace them then you have no worries. B100 is like rocket fuel in my Benz.

RiceBurnerBrian

Good to know about this bio-diesel, I've been contemplating it myself but it looks like I will have to replace all my lines with Viton ones, which I have never heard of. Looks like I'm off to spend more money!