• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bizarre electrical gremlin

chief1983

To be honest guys, I'm not sure what I would be looking for in the TM to try to figure this one out. The 09 sat for a few weeks since I last had to move it, and when I went to take her out last night, the right turn signal indicator was half-lit as soon as I turn on the park/headlights. Activating the turn signal moves it back to an on/off cycle, but as soon as I turn off the turn signal it re-lights to half brightness. I just replaced the right rear brake light bulb and socket, and the rear and front turn signals all seem to be functioning properly in every state, yet this turn signal half-lights every time the headlights are on. Has anyone ever seen this? I just don't want to go replacing more lighting hardware unless I have a good idea of what the problem is. I'll probably start by removing individual bulbs though just to see if one of them makes the half-lighting stop. I'll pan over the wiring diagrams but again, I have no idea what I'm looking for to solve this one. Possibly a bad ground somewhere?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
check the ground wire at the right side of the radiator support. along with all the other turn signal grounds.

llong66

I had a similar issue also, was told to check grounds as above. When I pulled the front left parking light socket, my problem was w the left side, inside, the socket, the ground tab had broken off and unable to make contact. In my case, there was enough of the ground tab left to simply pull it up and make it work, problem fixed. I do believe the big box auto stores have replacement sockets for around $10.

chief1983

It happened several rides after replacing the taillight socket, and all the markers appear to still be working. And the issue occurs with the parking light setting, where the headlights are off, and with the headlights on. But yeah, I'll check the mentioned grounds, and any more I can find.