• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black bumper and guard or all 383 Green?

Jack Lope

Had some thoughts about painting the front grill, guard and bumpers flat black. Any comments about that? Is it taboo? Any suggestions on a good flat black that won't turn chalky?

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will be a matter of personal choice. It's no more taboo than shiny rims but in the end, it's your truck to do as you see fit.

mcmullag

guess it depends what you are going to use it for, do you want authenticity for parades and displays or the truck is just for other fun stuff... the black parts you are talking about usually look good on the trucks. the black I have used is Rustoleum professional flat black in a taller than normal silver/chrome colored can at Lowes. it's all good.....

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

Its your truck, do what you want. It will look good either way. If you go Black, as mcmullag mentioned, the rustoleum flat black does not chalk up and should look good.

GPrez

Personally, I like the black bumpers and grille with the 686 tan more than the 383 green, but both can be pulled off. I painted the removable top on my 1009 black and I like the contrast. As others said before it's your truck, make it your own.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my Deuce I did the grill, front bumper and winch all black. Looks sharp. It all depends on what you like and if you are going for historic accuracy. Mine isn't historic, but it sure does look good!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks